Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

T fares to FLA markets from NYC to drop after new years?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

Hi and merry Xmas and a happy new year to all!!!!!

I've noticed that Delta has held steady in there T prices from LGA/JFK to Florida markets. Right now, RT T fare's are 218 non stop before tax (using lga to pbi as an example).

Anyone think there's a good chance DL will drop the LUT prices after the new years to these particular markets? I've seen these fares in these markets earlier this year for as low as $138 RT. I am wondering if its worth waiting till after new years to book tickets for travel Jan 17 to Jan 20, lga to pbi.

Do airline's historically drop prices after the new years, or at any other time periods during the year?

Thanks in advance for your replies and comments.

lieu
Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by nypdLieu

I've noticed that Delta has held steady in there T prices from LGA/JFK to Florida markets. Right now, RT T fare's are 218 non stop before tax (using lga to pbi as an example).

Anyone think there's a good chance DL will drop the LUT prices after the new years to these particular markets? I've seen these fares in these markets earlier this year for as low as $138 RT. I am wondering if its worth waiting till after new years to book tickets for travel Jan 17 to Jan 20, lga to pbi.
You are looking at the high season into Florida, so normally the fares are going up that time of year.

Given the economic state, that may not be the case this year.

All in all, I'd say $218 is a decent deal for a non-stop this time of year.

David
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

bump - just wondering if anyone else had an opinion on this, thanks
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
bump - just wondering if anyone else had an opinion on this, thanks
Seriously, do you really believe that someone here would know? Or would be in a position to tell you if they knew?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold

I think the price will drop. I had DTW to TPA two weeks ago on Northwest for $147.00 round trip with a seven day advance purchase.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vasantn
Seriously, do you really believe that someone here would know? Or would be in a position to tell you if they knew?
Obviously not, but if you read my post I said I was interested in peoples opinions on the subject.

Thank you.

lieu
Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Weren't there some ~$160 base fares to MCO recently? That's not a bad fare and I'd not hesitate to purchase one, even if I thought it would drop another $20. I haven't seen $138 a/i fares in years (or at least wasn't in the market last winter).
Old Dec 26, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by tkey75
Weren't there some ~$160 base fares to MCO recently? That's not a bad fare and I'd not hesitate to purchase one, even if I thought it would drop another $20. I haven't seen $138 a/i fares in years (or at least wasn't in the market last winter).
I've never had to pay about $150 for DTW-MCO (year round), and for Jan/Feb of this year I am not seeing it for under $215ish.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by james318
I've never had to pay about $150 for DTW-MCO (year round), and for Jan/Feb of this year I am not seeing it for under $215ish.
That's consistent.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I agree with DiverDave that coming into the florida season militates against a general lowering of the fares in these markets.

There probably will be, as usual, a few promos in order to fill up the back of some airplanes that are not selling out.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by ceieoc
I think the price will drop. I had DTW to TPA two weeks ago on Northwest for $147.00 round trip with a seven day advance purchase.
Delta/NWA has had those DTW to TPA/MCO rates forever and they've never gone away. Thats' not quite the issue here.

It's the NY market that's being questioned here. The $140 all in rates that used to be had from MCO/TPA to JFK/LGA have not been had in awhile. The lowest I've paid, was $190 two months ago for that route - but honestly ,I havent seen anything less in years...which is surprising considering that Jet Blue and other airlines have offered much less. Its anybody guess, but I sure would like to see it back to those levels sometime.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Delta/NWA has had those DTW to TPA/MCO rates forever and they've never gone away. Thats' not quite the issue here.

It's the NY market that's being questioned here. The $140 all in rates that used to be had from MCO/TPA to JFK/LGA have not been had in awhile. The lowest I've paid, was $190 two months ago for that route - but honestly ,I havent seen anything less in years...which is surprising considering that Jet Blue and other airlines have offered much less. Its anybody guess, but I sure would like to see it back to those levels sometime.
I paid $138 with tax, non stop lga/pbi in October of this year. The fare disapeared very quickly. I doubt I will see anything that low again but I am hoping, since the flights look very empty, that fares drop at least $20 - $25 a ticket.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, US, FlyingBlue
HPN can be about $20 cheaper, but you have to take a connection. On the plus side, most of the RJs to ATL have F cabins.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I right now am posting from a flight FLL-LGA that certainly is not anywhere near full. Only five seats are occupied in FC and although I never venture back there, I can see some empties in the rear. I don' think that this condition will persist after the January lull is over.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Quip
HPN can be about $20 cheaper, but you have to take a connection. On the plus side, most of the RJs to ATL have F cabins.
SWF is even cheaper but the flight times are horrible. I can get RT with one connection for $175 with tax but that means either leaving at 6 am or late in the afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.