Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Final Upgrade Tally and other SkyMiles Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile

So as the year winds down... i'm very happy to say that with only six flights left, i will have missed only 1 upgrade out of 82 flights. (and there were about 5 flights with no Biz)

Now some of those flights were international (approximately 1/3)... and for the domestic... i would say less than 5% were Y fare.

And the only flight i did not get upgraded on was the BOS:LGA Monday 6:30 AM Shuttle, which i didn't bother checking in online...

Lots of my domestics were BOS:CVG; BOS:NYC; BOS:LAS and BOS:MSP:COS... and with some connections to Europe and LA via ATL; so there were a bunch of BOS:ATL.

I've successfully cashed in all 10 of my eVIPs and have booked free Biz tickets to Europe and Caribbean...

The Delta VIP desk has been fantastic for every call, except one... and the Sky Club team has been lovely.

All in all, for all of our gripes with SkyMiles... i can't complain too much
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Lucky bum; I flew in Y as recently as yesterday's ATL-ORD and more than half my other flights over the last months. (PM, discount fare class, 5th on upgrade list) Can't wait for the new DM to open up. It's become obvious that people have vastly different upgrade experiences based on fare classes and flying patterns.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
i'm definitely going to knock on wood a little for all this...
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
All in all, for all of our gripes with SkyMiles... i can't complain too much
Per your profile, you have EP. That's an awesome acomplishment, but for 99% of us, we can't reach that status (and inturn, those perks and that level of service).
Old Dec 13, 2009, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

i can't prove this... but i don't think EP has had anything to do with this... PMUs are the same TOCs for everyone... and regarding the upgrades, i haven't always been #1 on the list... and if there are as few EPs as everyone says there are... the odds that two of us are on one flight are unlikely...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.