Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Cancelled flight on award tix itinerary - advice please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPLT

Had two tickets booked on Delta.com with miles, first leg on Air France business class JFK-CDG. We are traveling with friends who booked paid tickets same flights using a TA, and they advised us yesterday that the outbound flight was cancelled and their TA rebooked them on a later flight. I hadn't received any notice but logged into Delta.com and sure enough our departure flight was missing. When I phoned Delta an agent informed me they would put in a request to Air France to release seats for us on another flight that day, but it would take about 5 days for the process. Should I be concerned that we won't get our flights in business restored, and is it usual for them to just cancel part of our trip without protecting us on alternate flights and without any notification?

Also, if I look for flights the same departure day that cancelled flight is still bookable on Delta.com - how can that be?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:54 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I would have taken a bit more pro-active stance and looked for other options that might have had both paid and award availability and tried to ask both sources for the same change. But it is what it is now.

Yes, it is possible that delta.dumb shows a flight on another carrier that no longer exists.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPLT
Thanks for the reply and it was helpful - you mention that you would take a stronger stance. I was not sure I had any rights - I certainly know what to do if I had bought these tickets but have never used Delta miles for a partner flight. It is a very special occasion and I am very concerned about the cancellation with no protection and no notice.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by catwings01
Thanks for the reply and it was helpful - you mention that you would take a stronger stance. I was not sure I had any rights - I certainly know what to do if I had bought these tickets but have never used Delta miles for a partner flight. It is a very special occasion and I am very concerned about the cancellation with no protection and no notice.
Treat it the same as if you had purchased them. You paid with miles versus cash, but you still paid for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.