Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A Job Well Done (JWD) Certificates: Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Job Well Done (JWD) Certificates: Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Replaced in the packet with a special Platinum Medallion offer for Delta Vacations. Pathetic.
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thats disappointing that they killed the JWDs. I wonder if we can still hand out previous ones and employees can still redeem them?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL DM
Yeah, I'd like to know - I've got a pile of them sitting around...I'd love to give them away...
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I hope existing ones aren't dead. (The most fun is giving them out when someone helps me as a nonrev.)
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Let me guess: This is a safety move in partnership with the Mayo Clinic. Employees no longer have to touch pieces of paper from passengers. Because Covid. Layers of protection.
BamaGirl, cmd320, hi55us and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Yeah, I'd like to know - I've got a pile of them sitting around...I'd love to give them away...
"I've got a pile of them sitting around...."

"I'd love to give them away"

???????

If you have a pile of them, and you only receive a maximum of four per year, then I am a little dubious of your stated love of giving them away.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
The intent of those JWDs are to recognize employees who have gone above and beyond in serving you not sit around in a drawer collecting SkyPeso dust.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: DL DM
Dubious? Really? Oh, I forgot this is the internet - would you like a cite?

How about this:
I'd rather give away the ones I have left if there's time, than to have them turn to dust.

Does that meet your threshold of believability?

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf

???????

If you have a pile of them, and you only receive a maximum of four per year, then I am a little dubious of your stated love of giving them away.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
The intent of those JWDs are to recognize employees who have gone above and beyond in serving you not sit around in a drawer collecting SkyPeso dust.

Still would be happy to hear if anyone knows if there's still time to use them.
CO-PLAT, RealHJ and gooselee like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf

???????

I too have a pile of them that I'd love to give away. Practically speaking, there have only been a couple of times over the last several years where an agent has gone "above and beyond" (I can think of one GA and maybe two phone agents), and so they accumulate. TBH I'm more likely to send in a note (eg when I get a particularly good flight crew, not just one individual) or bring an actual gift (eg: chocolates for the crew on a holiday flight, which I just happen to "have an extra box of" when deplaning).
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was down to two left…c’mon, I haven’t been flying for a year and a half. Gave one out this morning CLT-DTW and the flight attendant seemed delighted to get it. Maybe the extant ones are still good until used??
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I can see wondering out of curiosity (I am curious about this too) whether they're still "good" or not, but it doesn't seem like there's much to be lost by just continuing to hand them out, if you have them left (I don't). Or read the code out over the phone to a res agent / enter it in chat. Even if the employees can no longer redeem them for whatever on their internal system, I have to imagine it still counts as a positive note in their file, and even if that becomes no longer true, most will probably still appreciate the thought.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I’m more than willing to pay to have someone mail me their extra JWD. I have family who work in the airline and regardless of if they work, the note of kindness goes a long way in an often thankless field.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Zorak
I can see wondering out of curiosity (I am curious about this too) whether they're still "good" or not, but it doesn't seem like there's much to be lost by just continuing to hand them out, if you have them left (I don't). Or read the code out over the phone to a res agent / enter it in chat. Even if the employees can no longer redeem them for whatever on their internal system, I have to imagine it still counts as a positive note in their file, and even if that becomes no longer true, most will probably still appreciate the thought.
Probably good to send the [email protected] e-mail in addition to handing out the certificate.
AKC6, gooselee, tearex and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm out of mine. I used them to thank Delta people who really helped me, such as FAs on special flights (such as the inaugural DCA-LAX where I got the last upgrade seat), or a GA who did something special (like the lady at JFK who upgraded my wife and I to J on the JFK-PRG flight, which was on our 35th wedding anniversary. I also gave them out to the drivers of the Porsches which I got to enjoy when I was DM. It was a good program, and it is a shame that Ed Bastian wrecked this (like he wreched PDBs, my favorite perk of getting UG'd).
hi55us likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Sorry to hear they discontinued the program. I had a few left over and gave out two recently since the FA's were great post covid with service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.