Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“A Job Well Done” — or JWD — Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 10, 09, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,

I never seem to have them with me when I am flying (they are always in the other carry-on), so where can we mail them after the fact so that the employees will get credit? The letter that came with them mentions employees that we would not ordinarily come into physical contact with... a res agent, a baggage handler etc. So there must be a way to mail these without them getting lost!
Old Dec 1, 09, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; NW Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
“A Job Well Done” Certificate

I searched this forum for a thread with this title and found none, perhaps it exists, I’m not sure. However,

Last summer, I’d say around July, I as a NW PM received a letter from Delta, talking of the Merger and further contents consisting of three “job well done” certificates. These certificates were granted to me to hand out to DL or NW, GA, FA, RA, Baggage Handlers; whomever I chose that I deemed had done a good job for anyone in my frequent travel with the soon to merge airlines.

The employee receiving the certificate can submit the certificate # at DELTANET and collect 1,500 points to use towards perks, gift cards, etc. These certificates have an expiration date of 12-31-09. I have One (1) remaining of three (3) since July.

I’m searching hard for a DELTA employee or NW employee (now Delta) to pass on this last “Job Well Done” certificate; I have 7 segments left this year to find them. I truly hope I do, however in recent months, it’s been a difficult chore to find anyone going above or beyond normal duties. I have confidence I will find one before year end.

I’m curious, how many of the other FF on FT.com got these same certificates? What is the significance of the fact that my former NW PE # is on the certificate? Do these certificates really present value to the employees of the world’s largest airline? Was it meant to be a method to help join the employees and FF’s together as one airline? Have any employees truly benefited from this program?

Please share your experience with us; FF’s and Employees!

Last edited by LKYGSR; Dec 1, 09 at 11:17 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 1, 09, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Some discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...h-again-2.html starting at milepost 68,

and here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-coupons.html
Old Dec 1, 09, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO plat, Exec Emerald, amex plat, anything else good
Originally Posted by LKYGSR View Post
I’m curious, how many of the other FF on FT.com got these same certificates? I did.
What is the significance of the fact that my former NW PE # is on the certificate? no clue my skymiles # is on mine
Do these certificates really present value to the employees of the world’s largest airline? Yes
Was it meant to be a method to help join the employees and FF’s together as one airline? no clue
Have any employees truly benefited from this program? yes

Please share your experience with us; FF’s and Employees!
also this one

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tificates.html

You can also give them to the phone reps. I once called the medallion line and got exceptional service and asked how can I send one to her. she said all she needed was the certificate # on it, which she redeems for herself, and I throw the cert away, which I did.
Old Dec 1, 09, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by ADLFO View Post
Thanks for the leads, reviewed the threads, did not seem to get much attention and the value to employee seems minimal, other than the recognition from the PAX upon receipt. Of course I found the all too common FT posts of rant from known employees and anyone defending DL from a NW comparison, why bother.

I have faith, good people are out there and I intend to recognize them with or without a certificate in my hand...
Old Dec 1, 09, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by reddawngrl View Post
also this one

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tificates.html

You can also give them to the phone reps. I once called the medallion line and got exceptional service and asked how can I send one to her. she said all she needed was the certificate # on it, which she redeems for herself, and I throw the cert away, which I did.
Again, thanks for the lead to this string...

Hopefully this thread can serve as a reminder to all who still have the certificates, they expire 12-31-09, use them, give reasons to use them, spread some goodwill as we head into the holiday season..
Old Dec 2, 09, 12:03 am

Nice posting, and it's good you reminded us that the expiration is at the end of the year.

While I think morale has improved among ex-NWA-personnel since the takeover and service seems to be a somewhat better overall, I still haven't run into any over the top amazing & awesome behavior yet. Am I taking the job of passing out these certificates too seriously?
Old Dec 2, 09, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
I got them too. Unfortunately I haven't flown a single NW/DL segment this year.
Old Dec 2, 09, 1:00 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by EUG1K View Post
I got them too. Unfortunately I haven't flown a single NW/DL segment this year.
I've only got one left so if you want to brighten a DL employee's holidays via me, PM me and I'll be happy to send you a stamped envelope and I'll make sure they get passed on a deserving TA, GA, FA, SC, or Res agent.
Old Dec 2, 09, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I've got two left to give and two 4 segment trips left this year.
Several years back NW gave me four of them to give away -- I think I made good use of them.
Old Dec 2, 09, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
I will hit PM status in Dec. Will this continue? I've been on flights that I'd have given a cert to someone.

Dave
Old Dec 2, 09, 8:54 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
I gave one to a CSR at JFK last week. He went out of his way and really wanted the cert when I showed I had one for him. If I am not mistaken, they are rather valuable to those who get them.

I have two left, but no more DL flights this year. I already know who I want to give them to.... a particularly great NW counter agent!
Old Dec 2, 09, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Got them and gave them out. One to a GA in CLE that helped with a change to get me home hours earlier.

Last two went to two FA's on a packed, delayed 757 flight DTW-MSP. They really made it enjoyable for a colleague and I on our way home.

Any idea how PE's were selected for these? How do we get more?
Old Dec 2, 09, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ADLFO View Post
I've only got one left so if you want to brighten a DL employee's holidays via me, PM me and I'll be happy to send you a stamped envelope and I'll make sure they get passed on a deserving TA, GA, FA, SC, or Res agent.
Indeed. I, too, would be happy to take the number of a certificate from someone to then deliver to a deserving agent or FA if they are otherwise going to expire in your possession.
Old Dec 2, 09, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
I will be glad to send one or more to anyone who wants to use them. PM with your address and I will mail them asap.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: