Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Help: Opinions on Delta 763ER Coach Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!

I have an upcoming flight where BE=full So, coach it is. It's the 763ER configuration with row 19 and BE seat and the lavatory in the middle (although delta.com seat map doesn't show the lavatory in the middle)

I have the option of choosing the aisle seat in row 17 (elite section), or 21G, the second exit row window.

I'm 6'2 so I obviously would appreciate the extra leg room, but is it worth the possible stink and noise from the lavatory? From my understanding, there's a small "galley" where the doors of the lavatory are located so they don't directly disturb the aisle seats. True?

Which one would you choose?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I have an upcoming flight where BE=full So, coach it is. It's the 763ER configuration with row 19 and BE seat and the lavatory in the middle (although delta.com seat map doesn't show the lavatory in the middle)

I have the option of choosing the aisle seat in row 17 (elite section), or 21G, the second exit row window.

I'm 6'2 so I obviously would appreciate the extra leg room, but is it worth the possible stink and noise from the lavatory? From my understanding, there's a small "galley" where the doors of the lavatory are located so they don't directly disturb the aisle seats. True?

Which one would you choose?
I flew in seat 21A ATL-SVO this past summer on the 763. I wasn't disturbed by the lav noise (but I wasn't really trying to sleep) and I didn't notice any foul smell either. But the exit row on the plane really isn't vastly larger than the other seats.

And yes there is a small "vestibule" for the lav entrances as well.

I'd take the the exit row and just use some earplugs if you're sensitive to noise.

Last edited by polarissilver; Nov 25, 2009 at 11:59 am Reason: More lav info
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by polarissilver
I flew in seat 21A ATL-SVO this past summer on the 763. I wasn't disturbed by the lav noise (but I wasn't really trying to sleep) and I didn't notice any foul smell either. But the exit row on the plane really isn't vastly larger than the other seats.

And yes there is a small "vestibule" for the lav entrances as well.

I'd take the the exit row and just use some earplugs if you're sensitive to noise.
I had 21C (or maybe B, I guess; outside aisle) on PDX-NRT last month and was surprised how much I was bothered by both the "lav show" and the frigid temperature (normally, I don't notice such things). IIRC, I started a similar thread around the time of that trip and learned that the forward mini cabin was somewhat popular.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I've done both the "mini-cabin" and the second exit. The mini-cabin is nice b/c of minimal traffic. However, if you want to get some work done, the second exit row is really nice b/c you have two tray tables: one in your arm rest and one attached to the seat in front of you. This makes it really easy to spread your papers and laptop out, or whatever else you need to do. So long as you're in the window seat, the lav traffic/noise won't bother you like it would if you were in the aisle seat. I'd bring a fleece to deal with the slightly colder temps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.