Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

enjoy elite benefits even when crediting to a different FFN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Hi. Can I still enjoy elite benefits (free check-in luggages) even when I am crediting miles to another carrier's FFP? Or do I have to give my Delta number to enjoy them?

To explain the situation:

I credited my outbound segments to KE. After becoming a Delta silver through elite status match (from CO to DL), I tried to input DL number at Delta.com, but it wasn't working. I tried to get some help by calling DL, but phone agents couldn't do it either.

So, two questions.

1. Can check-in agents change FFNs for the mid-trip itinerary?

2. If he/she can't, can I still use the elite benefits?

Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
1. You can't change frequent flyer numbers in the middle of an itinerary. Whichever number you provided prior to the first flight is what everything will credit to.

2. You only get elite benefits when you provide a frequent flyer number which has elite status. If you are crediting the mileage to another account, you only get the status level of that account regardless of what other accounts you may have with higher status.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Oh, well. Lessons learned, though I will nonetheless try at the airport.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by timf
1. You can't change frequent flyer numbers in the middle of an itinerary. Whichever number you provided prior to the first flight is what everything will credit to.
While you can't swap midway through an outbound or inbound trip, you can switch in the middle.

2. You only get elite benefits when you provide a frequent flyer number which has elite status. If you are crediting the mileage to another account, you only get the status level of that account regardless of what other accounts you may have with higher status.
I usually keep my DL number in my reservation until I get to the airport and then switch to AS. This gives me access to preferred seating and a shot at EUA (sometimes the agents try to take back upgraded seats, but not always).

Note, if flying something like BWI-ATL-PDX, I usually credit to DL if my upgrade on the longer flight has cleared.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
While you can't swap midway through an outbound or inbound trip, you can switch in the middle.
This is excellent!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.