upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
upgrade question

I just booked an itinerary as follows

IAD-ATL-LAX-ICN-NRT-JFK-IAD (all coach)

ATL-LAX is 777 LR on 12/4 I'm PM and booked class is Q. i think it shows about 10 FC seats available on delta.com. Since I haven't used PMUs before, I would like to ask a few questions regarding how to use them.

Q1. Sould I wait till hoping it will clear or should I just go ahead and use 1 PMU to secure the upgrade?

Q2. Can I use my PMU prior to 24 hrs if upgrade doesn't look good?

Q3. Can I use PMU to secure the upgrade and cancell it prior to check in if I could make it without the PMU?

The segment (NRT-JFK) is 777 also but not the lie-flat seats. it is on 12/20

Q4. what's my chance of getting Op-Up?

Thanks and have a good Thanksgiving Holiday!!!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
The first issue...

Number of first class seats has no relationship to if you can use the PMU. There must be seats in that "category" open. ExpertFlyer.com will help you figure it out. (There's a free trial so you can see how it works If you fly a lot I recommend it.

As for 1. It's up to you.

#2 Probably not. The PMU avaialble seats go fast and generally there aren't many open that late.

3. Folks say you can. I have never tried it.

4. Plan to sit in coach. It might happen, but my international travel on Delta has been in the cabin I booked about 95 to 98% of the time. (2 OP UPs out of a LOT of flights, one to business and one business to First back in the old days )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.