Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone Seeing AS Availability on DL Award Engine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI

Trying to book some transcon award travel for next March / April I'm frustrated by the fact that DL online display shows no low-tier options for my dates at all, but nwa.com displays AS availability @ 12.5k miles each way. DL , conversely, shows many more F options than NW. I'd like to pick and mix options from the two displays without having to hit the telephone.

Clicking or not clicking "Show DL/NW Flights Only" on the DL site doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone seen AS award inventory on DL engine?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Try nwa.com, lots of AS avail there.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I got a Horizon Air flight in Sep for YVR-SEA as part of YVR-SEA-EWR (SEA-EWR was on CO). I also saw some AS EWR-SEA availability if I recall correctly. But I have not recently seen AS availability on DL or NW websites.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:02 am

Try nwa.com, lots of AS avail there.
When I go to NWA and try to redeem I'm transfered to a Delta.com redemption page. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I got a Horizon Air flight in Sep for YVR-SEA as part of YVR-SEA-EWR (SEA-EWR was on CO). I also saw some AS EWR-SEA availability if I recall correctly. But I have not recently seen AS availability on DL or NW websites.
A few days ago I was looking for an ATL-YVR F award and one of the options offered was ATL-LAX-YVR, with the LAX-YVR segment on AS. And at the low mileage level, believe it or not!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA-Silver, DL Plat, ANA Bronze,SPG Plat
Try NWA.com.....seems to be better than DL for availability..

I have been wrestling with the dl.com site for award availability...and with various DL agents. A work-around another wiser board member suggested helps a bit, i.e. opening multiple windows at the same time and trying to hunt segment by segment to crack the lack of seats. NWA.com may be working Hmmh. Give it a try and report.

Last edited by Johann8; Nov 24, 2009 at 12:26 pm
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Definately use nwa.com while you still can. Just a week or two ago I was able to book on nwa.com for 75,000 miles DTW-SEA (NW) SEA-HNL (AS) first class, and HNL-ATL (DL coded NW operated) ATL-DTW (DL). Delta.com was only giving 105,000 miles as the lowest for first class for the whole trip and did not even show the booked option, whereas Northwest was giving me 75,000 for this itinerary along with other AS flights from MSP to Seattle and then to HNL as well. Glad I could book that way because 2 of the people I am traveling out their with are coming from Seattle and are on the AS non stop both ways, so arriving at the same time on the same flight will be very convienent.

Also, when on nwa.com, use the multi city, since you did not say where you want to go, in my example to price it out properly, I did it by individual segment: Flight 1 DTW-SEA, Flight 2 SEA-HNL, Flight 3 HNL-ATL, Flight 4 ATL-DTW. This allowed me to see availability for each segment as well.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Has anyone seen AS award inventory on DL engine?
Has anyone seen any award inventory on DL engine?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by BearX220
Trying to book some transcon award travel for next March / April I'm frustrated by the fact that DL online display shows no low-tier options for my dates at all, but nwa.com displays AS availability @ 12.5k miles each way. DL , conversely, shows many more F options than NW. I'd like to pick and mix options from the two displays without having to hit the telephone.

Clicking or not clicking "Show DL/NW Flights Only" on the DL site doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone seen AS award inventory on DL engine?
I just got a transcon (SEA-BOS) in F on AS via the NW engine a couple of weeks back. Tons of availability o AS when I was looking.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jabez
When I go to NWA and try to redeem I'm transfered to a Delta.com redemption page. Am I missing something?
I think you are because I just did it 30 seconds ago. Go to the main page, then the Reservations drop down then Award search. It is there.

BTW, the NWA engine will only be around for another week or so ...use it while you can!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:10 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
It seems to be hit and miss on delta.com for me. AS flights consistently come up on routes where DL has no nonstop service (e.g., SEA-SAN) but are less frequent on transcons for whatever reason (e.g., BOS, DCA)
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by FOH
AS flights consistently come up on routes where DL has no nonstop service (e.g., SEA-SAN) but are less frequent on transcons for whatever reason (e.g., BOS, DCA)
Well, it's clear to me that the DL engine is pushing transcon award options on DL/NW @ 40k RT or more... while obscuring AS transcon award seats available @ 25k RT as shown on nwa.com. Drives me crazy that they are shutting down the Northwest engine, which not only presents more diverse inventory but is far more technically reliable and usable.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: BA-Silver, DL Plat, ANA Bronze,SPG Plat
Based on some samples this week, I see NWA.com offering at least 25% discount on points necessary for redemption, compared to what dl.com shows.....if you can get the same availability on DL.com. DL seems far tighter with availability and the pricing is higher in points....at least from this very small sample size. Burn DL miles on the nwa.com site while you can.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:04 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I wanted to book an award ticket a month or two ago for next summer availing myself of a stopover in Alaska on a domestic ticket.

I called DL, found exactly which flights had award availability, then did a multi-city search on delta.com and booked the award ticket. It priced out correctly. The only AS flights were within Alaska but it did work. However, I would not have been able to book it online unless I had called first to find which flights had low level availability.

I didn't want to book by phone because Delta wanted to charge me a phone fee for 2 non-elite companions in the same PNR (now THAT is fleecing!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.