Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More thanks to Kevin Pinto

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Huge thanks to Kevin Pinto!! My 100k and 125k threshold awards processed normally. Got the e-mail, claimed the rewards on Delta's threshold award website, and weeks later received my request. The 150K threshold award, not so fortunate. 2 weeks went by, no e-mail. Tried multiple times going back to the website, and always got the message, all eligible awards have been requested, yet I hadn't picked the 150K. Then I tried calling Delta and told the Agent to post in my account that I had crossed the 150k MQM and really wanted to give my close friend Gold status. Several weeks later and another 2 phone calls to customer service, and nothing seemed to be processing my request. I happened to stumble across a thread in FT regarding Kevin's spectacular ability to handle situations, so I sent him a short e-mail explaining the situation and all the channels I had tried with no luck. 2 days later, he responded to my e-mail and had completely processed my reqest and my friend was granted Gold medallion! I was so happy and sincerely grateful for Kevin's ability to resolve my problem. And with 3 flights coming up in the near future with my friend, he, as a Gold Medallion, now has a chance for an upgrade along with all the other numerous perks that Gold Medallion members receive. Thanks again Kevin!!

Last edited by Ryan8925; Nov 26, 2009 at 11:09 am
Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:12 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by ADLFO
It is one thing to complain about DL execs who are non-responsive to FTers. It is an entirely different matter to call out someone who has not only one, but two threads thanking him for his consistent excellent customer service. To do so in the middle of one of those threads is, IMHO, at a minimum, misplaced. KP has proven to be an invaluable resource, but he is NOT a FTer magic wand. Keep up the good work KP, and remember that you can't please all the people all of the time.
When I have issues I give the offending airline/hotel a couple chances to fix the problem.

I then go to the website of the Attorney General of the offending entity and file a complaint. I end up with a fairly quick resolution.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: SW Gold, DL Siver, CO Silver
Other airlines should learn from Delta

Kevin Pinto... unbelievable resource. I know his title is Interactive Marketing Manager, but come on... he is more like an advocate for the customers of Delta.

In today's consumer travel environment, where it is actually painful and scary when you require "live" help from the companies that you do business with - Kevin Pinto has been a real surprise. No red tape, gets back to you quickly, no scripted baloney that gets read off of cue cards... you know the rest.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Dec 3, 2009 at 6:34 am Reason: I have merged this discussion into the existing thread on Kevin Pinto.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I haven't personally communicated with him, but I've read great things about him here on FT.

Be sure and e-mail Delta with your comments and appreciation. I do this regularly when I get above-and-beyond service (and I often do) and I always get a non-canned email reply back.

You might also ask if there's a way to give him a 'Job Well Done' certificate - maybe all you have to do is send him the cert # and your skymiles number. Sounds like he really deserves it!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by chollie
You might also ask if there's a way to give him a 'Job Well Done' certificate - maybe all you have to do is send him the cert # and your skymiles number. Sounds like he really deserves it!
He won't take it. I tried already.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
glad to see DL finally has their version of Scott O'Leary (Dir of Customer Experience) over at CO...he's been a great formal addition to FT over the past 5+ years

Last edited by socrates; Dec 2, 2009 at 6:55 pm
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by chollie
I haven't personally communicated with him, but I've read great things about him here on FT.

Be sure and e-mail Delta with your comments and appreciation. I do this regularly when I get above-and-beyond service (and I often do) and I always get a non-canned email reply back.

Since he gave me unbelievably good service today, I would like to email someone about it. Who do I email at Delta? Is it just a general delta.com?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by donnak
Since he gave me unbelievably good service today, I would like to email someone about it. Who do I email at Delta? Is it just a general delta.com?
That's the quickest way and will get to the right person.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:55 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I emailed DL customer care about Kevin and explained how wonderful and responsive he was and taht he had gone above and beyond in efforts to solve our skymiles crediting problem. I told them he deserved a raise and an employee of the month award, if there is such a thing. I received a response stating that they were pleased to hear such nice things about him and would forward my e-mail on to his supervisor.

I hope that Kevin's supervisor is inundated with good comments by all the FTers that he helped out. He deserves the biggest attaboy ever and hopefully DL will compensate him in a tangible manner.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:36 pm

Living la vida Delta

I need to reactivate this thread because of an issue I had in regards to getting my threshold awards for 150K (gift to a friend) and 175K (more miles for me). The long story short is Kevin came through in a matter of hours when I was waiting MONTHS.

I would like to publicly thank him for his work. If there's a way that someone can suggest to make sure this a letter goes into his permanent file please let me know.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
How do I contact him? I need to make sure my MQM's from the DL Reserve Card will post correctly, and before the year's end! Please help!!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by bonzaiflyer
I concur with all the above. My request was a simple email question, but it was handled within a day with a concise, very easy to understand answer.
Originally Posted by tarmac
A company can spend millions on marketing and image campaigns, but for my money, having someone like Kevin who actually gets things done is the best investment a company can make.
^ +2
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:02 am
KLC
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by superbobx2
How do I contact him? I need to make sure my MQM's from the DL Reserve Card will post correctly, and before the year's end! Please help!!
See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...repancies.html

Please remember that we (Flyertalkers) are trying not to inundate Kevin with issues that can be resolved through regular channels. He should be considered an escalation contact when those processes fail.

This thread may also help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...a-reserve.html

Last edited by KLC; Dec 21, 2009 at 10:08 am Reason: add reference to delta reserve thread
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:54 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by naijaman
hmmmm......2 emails to Kevin Pinto within 4 weeks and still no response. Several calls to National Car rental and Delta(NW included) and still no results. I sent two TTU's to Delta and they are yet to respond after 6 weeks.
I am missing miles from my National Car rentals and this is as a result of swapping worldperks # to skymiles. Elite desk keeps telling me the "clerical dept" handles rental credits and they will look into it (almost 6 weeks worth of rentals with wrong miles posted). National claims its Delta's job to deposit the miles and they have faxed over all necessary paperwork...... its not as complex as Delta is making it seem.....just deposit the damn miles!!!

Kevin must be screening his emails or just has no idea on what to do in my case....hiss
I have to agree with ADLFO. Kevin works for Delta, and can do / has done wonders on issues with Delta issues on SkyMiles. When a partner is involved, then there is a matter of a liaison who is responsible for interaction and communication with that partner, and that would not be him. He has often forwarded things to the liaisons, but if that partner is not responsive to you, one can probably assume that they aren't always so quick to respond to Delta's own, either. Give him (and the liaison at Delta, whoever that may be for National) a break.

I hope that the tone of your messages and emails both to him and to National have been more amicable, or I can understand why it may be difficult to get a resolution from the partner. With partners it often takes patience, persistence, and a scanned copy of whatever documentation is needed for the partner to be persuaded to then issue the request for mileage credit and send it to Delta.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:26 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
If anyone want to Write Kevin's boss

After Kevin helped me 3 times I decided it was time to write his boss to tell him about Kevin. If anyone wants the snail mail address and name PM me. My letter goes out today. THANK KEVIN!

Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.