FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1016325-30-day-delta-sky-club-membership-no-longer-available-definitive-thread.html)

AndyTLe Nov 11, 2009 6:20 pm

OP, your profile states that you're DL PM. So you would have two ways to access to the lounge. Hopefully the agent will recogize this and let you in with your guests. But as with everything AF, YMMV.

thesaints Nov 11, 2009 6:52 pm

Thank you all.
I'm not the one travelling; a friend asked me if the 30-day membership is good for access with a guest at CDG.

3Cforme Nov 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints (Post 12809641)
Thank you all.
I'm not the one travelling; a friend asked me if the 30-day membership is good for access with a guest at CDG.

If your friend speaks French perhaps he can charm a lounge gatekeeper. Delta sets entrance conditions at its own clubs, not the clubs of partner carriers - as duly noted in the purchase notes for the 30-day pass.

docrok Dec 12, 2009 6:26 am

Lost Card

Anyone know if there's a way to re-print my 30-Day Membership card? Going to terminal 4 at JFK this AM and would like to use the oasis lounge but lost it. Will I just be able to show ID and give them my SM number?

mbmiles88 Mar 23, 2010 8:40 am

I have a flight from JFK to Paris on Air France. Will this membership allow me to bring a guest into the Air France lounge with me?

nikelg Mar 24, 2010 11:53 am

I'm in a similar situation. Flying Delta to AMS from JFK. Can I use the AF Lounge by the gates? Or just the Oasis Lounge landside? I'll have a guest too. Delta website is not very clear and I did not see anything on the AF page that is linked...

runninaway Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 12096583)
My 18 year old son will have a 12 hr. layover in ANC (where there is an Air Alaska Lounge). As he will again be traveling in the next few weeks I am considering buying the 30 day pass for him however I am unsure if it will work in the ANC lounge. On the Delta website the lounge is listed but in the T & C's for the 30 day pass it mentions only Delta lounges. Does anyone know if the pass will work in ANC?

Not sure if this would apply, but:

From the T&Cs

Individuals must be at least 18 years of age for Club membership. Members must be 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar.

Rus925 Mar 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by mbmiles88 (Post 13630970)
I have a flight from JFK to Paris on Air France. Will this membership allow me to bring a guest into the Air France lounge with me?

Originally Posted by nikelg (Post 13639544)
I'm in a similar situation. Flying Delta to AMS from JFK. Can I use the AF Lounge by the gates? Or just the Oasis Lounge landside? I'll have a guest too. Delta website is not very clear and I did not see anything on the AF page that is linked...

I don't have firsthand experience with this, but in the olden times (that is, before the merger), the temporary membership was just a limited-term full membership. You likely won't have a problem with one guest, as that is standard policy for SkyTeam Elite Plus members, as well. If you want more information on where you can use it, go to http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp and choose 30-day membership in the drop-down menu.

Rus925 Mar 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 12096583)
My 18 year old son will have a 12 hr. layover in ANC (where there is an Air Alaska Lounge). As he will again be traveling in the next few weeks I am considering buying the 30 day pass for him however I am unsure if it will work in the ANC lounge. On the Delta website the lounge is listed but in the T & C's for the 30 day pass it mentions only Delta lounges. Does anyone know if the pass will work in ANC?

It should. Check the same link I referenced in my last post for all the locations where it's accepted.

DWNewman May 12, 2010 8:52 am

30 day Sky Club Question

Taking a 21 day trip to Italy and France, and considering purchasing the 30 day Sky Club membership. 3 hour layover in DTW on both ends of the trip.

Just checking on a couple of things before I purchase.

Would I be able to "guest" my wife? or would she need her own membership?
Would we be able to use a partner club in Naples (if there is one) or CDG with the 30 day pass?
And finally, I can purchase the 30 day membership at the DTW Sky Club, right? or do I need to order it directly from Delta?

Thanks for the help.

Marylou May 12, 2010 9:21 am

From the website:

•The 30-Day Membership allows you to bring up to two guests with you into the lounge and grants access to all Delta Sky Club locations as well as select partner lounge locations. You can find a complete list of Clubs you can access at delta.com/clublocations. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations. The 30-Day Membership costs $90.

Go here http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
and select the 30 membership from the drop down menu and it will show you which clubs you will have access to. But do note the part about guests not being guaranteed access, mileage varies greatly from what I hear.

I'm not sure about buying it in the club vs. online.

Marylou May 14, 2010 3:27 pm

In trying to check out a renewal issue for myself, I ran across this in the rules section:

•Partner lounge access requires permanent credentials which should be received 4–6 weeks after your 1-year or 3-year membership is purchased or renewed.
•At partner lounges, guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner. Delta Sky Club cannot guarantee guest entry at partner lounge locations.

That would lead me to believe that you will not be able to access a partner lounge with a 30 day or a 1 day pass. (Try anyway...all they can do is say no.)

smilinganddialing Jun 1, 2010 1:30 pm

Sky Club 30-Day Pass: Useful for AMS/DEL/ORD?

Hi DL FF friends,

Just a quick question for you - I'm going to be traveling MSP -ORD - AMS - DEL and then back DEL - AMS - ORD on DL and was wondering if the 30-Day Pass would let me bring immediate family members in with me. The website says you're allowed "2 guests or immediate family": https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

It's $90 for a 30-day pass

According to the site at https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp, there

It lists no lounges for DEL but shows the following for AMS:

Amsterdam, Netherlands Crown Lounge 52 - F gates, 2nd floor

and ORD:

a) Terminal 2 - Concourse E across from Gate E4
B) Terminal 5 (International) - Near Air France boarding gates

QUESTIONS:

1. Are these lounges good? What kind of food is available?
2. Given a 5 hour layover, is it possible to properly rest?

Thank you.

nikelg Jun 1, 2010 5:29 pm

I used a 30 day pass a few months ago in AMS with my son who was traveling with me. No problem getting both of us in with the pass. Lounge 52 is rather large on the 2nd floor. We arrived at 5AM so needless to say it was rather empty. There was a nice breakfast buffet. This is good place to rest but not really a place to sleep. 30 day pass is a good investment if you do not have access especially if you are bringing guests and are not traveling on a regular basis.

53flyer Jun 2, 2010 12:19 am

Originally Posted by nikelg (Post 14059319)
....Lounge 52 is rather large on the 2nd floor. We arrived at 5AM so needless to say it was rather empty. There was a nice breakfast buffet. This is good place to rest but not really a place to sleep.

Lounge 52 does have a very good sleeping area, very comfortable recliners, low lighting and quiet. When entering the lounge, turn right and proceed beyond the first seating area, the sleeping area will be in your right in a glassed in area.