FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1016325-30-day-delta-sky-club-membership-no-longer-available-definitive-thread.html)

stewaran Jun 27, 2011 3:48 am

30 Day Sky Club membership

Hi All

I am off on a business trip in a couple of weeks and will be flying. LHR-MSP-YYZ-BOS-DTW-LHR.

I am reading the small print and it says "partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location."

LHR is a SkyTEAM lounge, as such will I be able to get in without visiting an actual SkyCLUB lounge first?

If not, its proberly not worth it, as i think the only other segment where it will be of benefit is MSP-YYZ the other segment are different airlines or very small transfer time.

Thanks for your help

stewaran

waltinsocal Jul 1, 2011 3:40 pm

DL 30 Day SkyClub Pass

A friend of mine is traveling to Europe leaving 8/15. He wants to purchase a DL 30 Day Pass for lounge access. When purchasing the pass online, will DL mail you a plastic 30 Day Pass, and if so, does anyone know how long it takes for those to arrive? I understand overseas one must have some kind of card in hand from DL for admission to the appropriate lounges. At this point, with his departure date in mind, would it be better if he simply went by the SkyClub at LAX and purchased the pass and received the temporary card? Thanks in advance to all who respond. I appreciate your assistance.

klashn Jul 1, 2011 3:47 pm

When I first bought SkyClub membership, I just purchased it at the club. The process was simple and the people at the desk were happy to sign me up and get a temporary card.

I recommend this method, than waiting for the plastic card. Also, once you buy the SkyClub membership (even the 30 day membership) it shows on your BP that you are a SkyClub member. So all you would really need is your BP, and your government issued ID or passport.

daregale Jul 1, 2011 3:51 pm

I'd just purchase it at the SkyClub. He'll have the card in hand and no hassles on the validity period.

nikelg Jul 1, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm not sure how long it takes to get the card. It appears that there is enough time. But if the trip is starting from a city with a SkyClub I would just get the card at the airport. As the previous person mentioned, the process is easy and quick. I've done it twice.

nikelg Jul 1, 2011 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by daregale (Post 16658712)
I'd just purchase it at the SkyClub. He'll have the card in hand and no hassles on the validity period.

Excellent point on the validity.

waltinsocal Jul 1, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks again for all of the replies, and also for the point about the dates of the validity of the pass. Purchasing the pass at the SkyClub at LAX will solve that potential problem, and I will suggest that he get it there.

akonradi Jul 1, 2011 4:12 pm

The thirty day membership does not receive the plastic card. You'll only get the temporary membership card, which is a sturdy paper (think business card). If you purchase online, you can get the temporary card by stopping by a Sky Club (you'll also be able to print one out).

There's no guarantee that one will be admitted to partner lounges with a temporary card.

newsmanhoss Jul 1, 2011 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by akonradi (Post 16658804)
The thirty day membership does not receive the plastic card. You'll only get the temporary membership card, which is a sturdy paper (think business card). If you purchase online, you can get the temporary card by stopping by a Sky Club (you'll also be able to print one out).

There's no guarantee that one will be admitted to partner lounges with a temporary card.

All true. There are no guarantee that partner clubs will allow you in w/only a printout. It's at the agent's discretion.

I've had good luck with this, though, at the AF lounge in CDG Terminal 2E.

tentseller Jul 2, 2011 7:15 am

Before paying for a 30 day SC membership one should check whether the Partner or contracted lounges in Europe give you access on a SC membership alone.

Many ST partner lounges one needs to be ST E+ (DL PM/DM) for access.

CarmenOM Jul 3, 2011 12:37 am

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 16660890)
Before paying for a 30 day SC membership one should check whether the Partner or contracted lounges in Europe give you access on a SC membership alone.

Many ST partner lounges one needs to be ST E+ (DL PM/DM) for access.

GM is also ST E+ now, although reportedly some partner lounges haven't yet gotten the word about that.

lauraleigh9mm Sep 2, 2011 8:38 am

30 Day Sky Club pass?

Hi!

I am flying to the USVI from SLC in a couple of weeks. We have a long layover at ATL (3+ hours). I am also flying into SAN a few weeks later. I know I can buy the passes with my DL amex for $25, but would it be worth it to go for the $90 30 day pass? My husband is coming with me.

tkey75 Sep 2, 2011 8:42 am

Might as well. You'll save a couple of bucks overall and you'll get to use the lounges at your departure airports.

jaw20 Sep 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Is 30-day membership worth it for upcoming trip?

I have a trip next month MSP-AMS-FCO/MXP-JFK-MSP and am considering the 30-day membership, specifically for the 90 or so minutes I will have free at AMS and MXP. Trying to figure out it it is worth the $90 for me, wife, and small child. I am FO flying in Y, so no free lounge access for me.

I've never been to the AMS or MXP lounges. Are the food options more filling than at the domestic DL lounges (we'll be at both lounges around 8:00 AM)? Are there quiet areas where one could take a nap? If we could get some decent food and a nap, it would probably be worth $90 to me.

Also, have the issues accessing partner lounges with the 30-day pass been resolved? I know this thread is a little old, so I am wondering if anyone has an update. DL's website indicates there are two KLM lounges in AMS and one AF lounge in MXP where the 30-day passes are valid.

Thanks.

lebowski76 Oct 6, 2011 8:41 pm

Partner lounges not accepting 30 day temp sky club card?

So here's my situation. I'm in Seattle and flying to Paris on Sunday. I have 2 other international flights over the following weeks and wanted to take advantage of the $90 lounge pass.

I read that partner airlines will not take "print at home" 30 day passes for access, however I will not run into an actual Delta Sky club location till my last flight.

Anyone deal with this before? Are partner lounges accepting the temporary print cards? I don't want to waste $90 and not be able to use it (I'd be better off with a day pass otherwise). I know Delta says "no" but I'm wondering if that's true.

"30-Day members will not receive permanent membership cards. Temporary membership cards can be obtained in-Club and printed if purchased online. The temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location."