Search

No Paper only Plastic Starting 12/1

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
No Paper only Plastic Starting 12/1

http://blog.delta.com/2009/11/09/pur...lease/#respond

Thats crazy, you know how many times they have not had a working credit card processing machine onboard...plus I noticed people paying with cash hold up the fa less than when the FA has to process a credit card.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
http://blog.delta.com/2009/11/09/pur...lease/#respond

Thats crazy, you know how many times they have not had a working credit card processing machine onboard...plus I noticed people paying with cash hold up the fa less than when the FA has to process a credit card.
Much easier revenue management. Darn and there goes me trading a drink coupon for a snack box (FA could take the $7 for someone in Y's drink and give me a snack box).
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:07 am
KLC
In Memoriam

UA already has this policy.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Count me as one who likes the transition. I haven't yet been on a flight where the CC machine wasn't working, and I have actually seen far more delays when pax pay with cash...like when everybody wants to make a $5 expenditure with a $20 bill, and the FA quickly runs out of change. I also suspect it's an additional burden on the FAs, having to reconcile the products that were used up vs. the cash on hand.

Guess we'll see in a few weeks....
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
I don't carry cash I always pay with cards, but there have been 4 times where I was starving and didn't eat anything at the gate because I like the chicken sandwish on the EATS menu. When they come around the credit card machine didn't work. That happened twice the other two times my card wouldn't swipe for some reason and she did everything manually.

3 of the times I did get the sandwish free though.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by KLC
UA already has this policy.
Also AA
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I wonder if this will be the same on DL connection partners. I've never seen a CC swiper on my Comair flights and they refuse to take the Canadian currency I always have left over from my trips
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Also AS.

It works very well on AS. Because you are dealing with such small amounts of $ the buyer is not required to sign a receipt. The FA simply swipes the card and gives it back to you.

-RM
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Delta Connection flights will still accept cash only.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Also AS.

It works very well on AS. Because you are dealing with such small amounts of $ the buyer is not required to sign a receipt. The FA simply swipes the card and gives it back to you.

-RM
Works well on Southwest. But, knowing Delta's storied tradition for poor technology implementation, I am sure it will be a complete disaster

Last edited by Air Brian; Nov 9, 2009 at 10:57 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Darn and there goes me trading a drink coupon for a snack box (FA could take the $7 for someone in Y's drink and give me a snack box).
Wow, great angle...thanks for the idea. I guess I have a few weeks to give it a shot for the (8) DL drink certs I have valid until 12/31.

Unless, of course, someone is wanting to work a trade for them (yes, I know this is the wrong forum. call me lazy). Hint hint.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Wow, great angle...thanks for the idea. I guess I have a few weeks to give it a shot for the (8) DL drink certs I have valid until 12/31.

Unless, of course, someone is wanting to work a trade for them (yes, I know this is the wrong forum. call me lazy). Hint hint.
We were thinking about giving it a try on our JFK-ATL flight yesterday...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
Count me as one who likes the transition. I haven't yet been on a flight where the CC machine wasn't working, and I have actually seen far more delays when pax pay with cash...like when everybody wants to make a $5 expenditure with a $20 bill, and the FA quickly runs out of change. I also suspect it's an additional burden on the FAs, having to reconcile the products that were used up vs. the cash on hand.

Guess we'll see in a few weeks....
Policy should be if the machine doesn't work then you get it for free.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by mersk862
We were thinking about giving it a try on our JFK-ATL flight yesterday...
Then we got distracted.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Personally, I usually don't carry much cash with me, let alone "exact change". So I am happy I will finally be able to pay with a CC on NW flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.