Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Calculation Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
MQM Calculation Question

I've been reading a lot lately about people not seeing MQM's posted properly in situations where DL treats the flights as a single flight and posts a different amount (I'm assuming based on the Origin to Destination distance vs. Origin to Connection Point to Destination).

Several months ago, I took a flight from SAN-ATL-MIA. Originally they were booked with two different flight numbers and the MQM qualification calculated out to 2480ish. However, there were several schedule changes and eventually the SAN-ATL-MIA all ended up being coded under the same flight number. When the MQM posted, it was 2260ish.

My question boils down to, is it possible to appeal the MQM for the SAN-ATL-MIA? I don't think I will, but was simply interested in how it is handled in these situations.

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL
When it is put under the same flight number (SAN-ATL-MIA is all DLXXXX, just stops in ATL) and you get off in MIA, it will calculate the mileage as if you were flying SAN-MIA nonstop.

I don't believe you can appeal MQM numbers.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by apados
My question boils down to, is it possible to appeal the MQM for the SAN-ATL-MIA? I don't think I will, but was simply interested in how it is handled in these situations.
In your situation, you can't. You could have switched flights. It is pretty stupid and as you know all you can do is avoid it.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I figured this was the case.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
When it is put under the same flight number (SAN-ATL-MIA is all DLXXXX, just stops in ATL) and you get off in MIA, it will calculate the mileage as if you were flying SAN-MIA nonstop.
Is this a standard practice with mileage programs? Strikes me as lame: seems like one should get miles when one's butt is indeed in the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.