Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Another undocumented feature of DL.COM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

I have noticed the following on several occasions.

Working with the multi-city booking function... searching with the "Preference" option selected as "Cabin... Coach (Lowest Fares)". Selected an itinerary with a mix of K and Q fare classes.

Repeated the above, but with the "Preference" option set to "Fare Class... Coach (T or higher)". All the K's and Q's became F's and, when I select the last flight, I get the message "Seats are not available for the selected fare class or higher. Please choose another fare class" and I get bounced all the way back to the beginning.

Really? I am asking for any fare T or higher, and "Seats are not available for the selected fare class or higher." The seats that were available in K and Q before?

Perhaps I am too literal in my thinking, but I would expect "Cabin... Coach (Lowest Fares)" and "Fare Class... Coach (T or higher)" to return the same fare options. If a K fare is available on a flight selected under "Cabin... Coach (Lowest Fares)", I would expect the K fare to be available under "Fare Class... Coach (T or higher)" three minutes later.

And, yes, I checked to make sure that the K fare did not sell out in that 3 minutes. The process is repeatable.

This does not inspire confidence in the system.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Interesting. What are your multi-cities?

I did multiple, separate dummy bookings and failed to get what you got.

zz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.