Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Your Questions Answered - SMI update 10/20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Questions Answered - SMI update 10/20

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by secretsea18
The way that nwa.com records your data is much more clear than the labels on the dl.com accounting records.
Note that the way the old delta.com displayed your data was also much clearer than the new interface.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
Issues with Miles transfer from NWA

I had a NWA account which I used on and off for years. I had about 65k miles in my "lifetime" account. I am a Platinum with DL and never really thought about the merge until I was looking at my lifetime miles with DL. I realized that I would be that much closer to the million mile mark. I went then to merge my account, but I had missed the date. The note I got online was to wait until Oct. and try again.
In Oct. I received a letter from DL with my new account number - I promptly called DL and informed them that I had an active account number and was a Platinum. They confirmed and took all my info and told me they would fix it within two weeks. It has been about 4 and I was wondering if I should call back of if the fix is in the works.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by kcnwgold
When will Delta address the terrible product called a SkyClub? I will NEVER pay for that product in its current state. I was a WorldClub member for the last 15 years and was a thoroughly satisfied customer!

Thanks!
+ 1.

Delta clearly is getting negative feedback from former WordClub customers about the decline of the clubs. Has the message gotten through in ATL?, and if so, are there any plans to address it?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, National Exec
SWU/ECV access on delta.com

On nwa.com I can manage and view my SWUs and ECVs in the Reservations section. I cannot find any way to do the same on delta.com. Can you please point me to this function before they disappear forever when the nwa.com site dies?

Thanks
John
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, etc.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
And as expressed countless times on this forum, there needs to be:
(1.) more transparency on the award mileage levels and fees,
(2.) a reasonable number of award seats made available at non-stratospheric mileage levels, and
(3.) and at the very least measurably more award availability for Gold, Plats, and Diams including the lower mileage requirement business award seats for international itineraries.
For what it's worth, count me as one of the inquiring minds, SMI! Thanks to you and your peers at Delta for paying attention to this forum -- hope something can finally be done to restore some semblance of fairness and user-friendliness to the "best-in class" loyalty program.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
Dear SMI,
It would be great if you participated more on FT (I noticed that you have only posted twice this month. i.e., on 11/1 and 11/17).
Thanks
DP340
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gte157q
Thanks Jeff, good job (no matter how frustrated people can seem on here... no doubt combining 2 enterprise level IT systems was no easy feat.)
+1 ^ Having worked with computer systems for way to many years I know the headaches.

This DL-north member is not having any account issues today. So, not so sure it is a problem with "most" of us.

My account on both DL and NWA shows what they have posted to my account so far.... It is still missing the Loyalty bonuses since the integration, but will probably get them in near future?!
I've been trying since 25 Oct to have one segment posted with the associated miles to my account and still nothing as of this evening.

My miles transferred from NW to DL were posted then deducted without notice. Response to email inquiry was 'we are working on it'.

+1 to better transparency for booking award travel and since DL refers to it as a free ticket then do away with the fees.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Italy98
I've been trying since 25 Oct to have one segment posted with the associated miles to my account and still nothing as of this evening.

My miles transferred from NW to DL were posted then deducted without notice. Response to email inquiry was 'we are working on it'.

+1 to better transparency for booking award travel and since DL refers to it as a free ticket then do away with the fees.
I sympathize with your account frustrations....

My Loyalty bonus from early October just was posted, but I called the NW line who transferred me to a DL person (first agent did not have the DL computer at her station), and learned that my Loyalty bonus did not post due to an incorrect DL flight # being posted as my originating flight. DL agent fixed it, and then I got my miles. Maybe you have some sort of similar problem. I got nowhere using TTU (several back and forth!), but got action with a phone call to the PE line!

I completely agree with you regarding the award booking engine.... looked for a trip to EU for June '10, and kept getting a "one of your flights just sold out" message, even when I changed the flights. I never could figure out which flight was the "sold out" one, and just gave up in frustration. I never got to seeing how much of my mileage balance would be eaten up by that award!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Italy98
+1 ^ Having worked with computer systems for way to many years I know the headaches.
Having worked with computer systems for way too many years as well, I know the headaches of working with poorly designed/documented/implemented systems.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
I sympathize with your account frustrations....

My Loyalty bonus from early October just was posted, but I called the NW line who transferred me to a DL person (first agent did not have the DL computer at her station), and learned that my Loyalty bonus did not post due to an incorrect DL flight # being posted as my originating flight. DL agent fixed it, and then I got my miles. Maybe you have some sort of similar problem. I got nowhere using TTU (several back and forth!), but got action with a phone call to the PE line!

I completely agree with you regarding the award booking engine.... looked for a trip to EU for June '10, and kept getting a "one of your flights just sold out" message, even when I changed the flights. I never could figure out which flight was the "sold out" one, and just gave up in frustration. I never got to seeing how much of my mileage balance would be eaten up by that award!
Apparently they are experiencing system integration problems, are aware there are flights which posted that are not visible to the customers and are trying to resolve posting issues with the NW miles transfer. I'm not going there nor am I going to say anything more

Originally Posted by starflyer
Having worked with computer systems for way too many years as well, I know the headaches of working with poorly designed/documented/implemented systems.
You mean someone was to apply a thought process or two before putting together a system then document what they did and why, and what the system is supposed to do?

Last edited by Italy98; Nov 23, 2009 at 2:42 pm
Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
award travel and changing flights

Hi SMI, and thanks in advance for your help.

I recently booked an award itinerary on nwa.com for travel on delta flights and on delta planes (JFK to SYD). I didnt use delta.com because nwa.com offered me much better mileage redemption options and choices.

However, after I booked the itinerary, I did not get a delta confirmation # and when I called Delta, they had absolutely no record of the itinerary. I gave them my NWA confirmation # and still to my frustration, they couldnt bring up the reservation.

So, they transfered me to NWA and they told me the itinerary was not yet ticketed and would take 48 hours to do so. With that, I became very concerned that I would have to many problems and headaches with this itinerary and therefore, i cancelled it.

So with that, my two questions are this. With DL.com, I am accustomed to award travel being immediately confirmed, why not so with award bookings on nwa.com?

last question: Since this is essentially an award booking on nwa.com, can I do a same day confirmed to an earlier or later flight? Or will the delta GA's tell me that since I booked this award travel on nwa.com, that it wont be possible.

Thank you for your help.

lieu.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Nov 26, 2009 at 12:58 pm
Old Nov 28, 2009, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
So with that, my two questions are this. With DL.com, I am accustomed to award travel being immediately confirmed, why not so with award bookings on nwa.com?
There has always been a fundamental difference between the way NW and DL e-ticket itineraries. Remember that the two airlines are still technically separate operating carriers and are each individually responsible for issuing tickets, whether it's on their metal or not.

NW has always taken roughly 2-48 hours to issue an e-ticket. This is entirely normal and should not cause you concern. E-ticket issuance can take that long even for "normal" revenue tickets purchased through nwa.com or anywhere else. By "normal" I mean tickets that are paid with a credit card and have no vouchers attached to them. Depending on the time of day you make your purchase you may even see NWA/Singapore as the issuing office for the e-ticket.

Bottom line...do not panic when this happens. It's entirely normal and you are reserved a seat on the flights you chose and NWA will issue the ticket in due time. Availability changes on Delta's side for the SYD itinerary after you book the ticket have no effect on your itinerary. So even if NWA didn't issue the e-ticket yet and Delta or NW raise the award prices for your flights, you will still be charged the mileage that you booked at, not more. I guess my advice to you would be to rebook those flights if you still want them and nwa.com has them at an acceptable mileage redemption level.

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
last question: Since this is essentially an award booking on nwa.com, can I do a same day confirmed to an earlier or later flight? Or will the delta GA's tell me that since I booked this award travel on nwa.com, that it wont be possible.
I don't believe this matters because Delta does not allow SDC on international itineraries, even for the domestic portion of international itineraries.

-RM
Old Nov 28, 2009, 4:36 pm
Suspended

RobonLI

Thanks for the answers to my questions. I appreciate you taking the time to answer them.

Right now, I am sitting here saying, 'oh sh**, thats right about being unable to SDC on an international itin, even on the domestic legs. Oh well, I guess that 5 1/2 hour layover in LA will be spent at In N out plane spotting!!

I booked the award travel on nwa.com and wound up getting my confirmation e mail less then 3 hours after I booked it, so all is well. Thanks again.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:46 pm
Suspended

How to Mix and Match?

According to dl.com, when booking award travel, you should be able to mix and match cabins, such as flying one leg in coach while flying other legs in business class.

I also just got a letter stating the same thing.

However, unless I'm just plain missing something on dl.com, I have no clue as to how to perform a mix and match search regarding classes of cabin.

Can any Delta buff/employee in the know please explain how this is accomplished?

Thank you

Lieu
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:46 am

Two items:

1. When does DL expect to have the issue accurately posting completed travel and all associated miles corrected. I received "We have been notified by our technology team that there's a bit of clean up to do with the way our members are seeing the postings and what they should be seeing. Please know that they're working diligently to correct this, but with the many phases of the integration and merger, it may be a bit before the kinks all get worked out." in response to this question on 19 Nov.

2. When signing in to DL.com at the beginning of each month Mrs. Italy and I are presented with "Provide Your Email Address

Pardon the interruption, but we noticed that you haven't provided a primary email address in your SkyMiles profile yet.

Please enter an email address where we can contact you in case you ever forget your SkyMiles PIN. As soon as you're done, we'll take you right back to what you were doing." even though we received "It's time to check-in" on 29 Nov.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.