Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Your Questions Answered - SMI update 10/20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
If I haven't received my DL elite kit (as a former NW elite), is it still on its way or am I doomed to wait till Feburary 2010? SO received hers, so it's not an address or location problem.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:02 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

how does one use nwa gift certs, nwa $ off PK certs, nwa ecvs etc to book travel on delta.com?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:13 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by kcnwgold
When will Delta address the terrible product called a SkyClub? I will NEVER pay for that product in its current state. I was a WorldClub member for the last 15 years and was a thoroughly satisfied customer!

Thanks!
Unfortunately don't hold your breath.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by redtailshark
You might want to pass along the hint that the DL award booking tool is regarded as worst in class even by otherwise staunch defenders of DL. With all the IT knowledge DL has, it's amazing that this situation has been allowed to persist.

Letting SM members log in and use NWA.COM to make their bookings is a good idea, because then they'll understand what we mean. Rename the domain DLAWARDBOOKING.COM and the SM elite might be a little happier.
+1. SMI, just booked another award trip at NWA.com because it was faster, better availability, and easier to do.

Another hint to pass along, the NW kiosks are way faster and easier than the DL ones. Please take the best of both.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 2:23 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I think there was a curse on us NW Moderators as my merged SM account still isn't fixed...

Originally Posted by slippahs
If I haven't received my DL elite kit (as a former NW elite), is it still on its way or am I doomed to wait till Feburary 2010? SO received hers, so it's not an address or location problem.
There is no 2% Club... but there definately was a "NW Scoop Club"... might have to change it to the "DL SMI Club" now

Originally Posted by secretsea18
Do you mean the 2% club really does exist???
Old Oct 25, 2009, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Hi. My account activity has disappeared from delta.com. The account balance shows the correct amount, but the history is gone and delta.com shows 0 EQMs, 0 EQSs, etc.

All of my account history shows up when I pull it up on nwa.com with my Skymiles number.

What's going on with that?

(My first hope was that nwa.com will be the website that stays [just rebranded] but some reading here makes me think this is a problem with my account).
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
SkymilesInsider let me express my sincere thanks for answering some of our questions. It's great to see Delta allow your increased presence here.

Now, will someone pleeasssee start to address some of our numerous headaches with award ticket bookings these days? (and I guess Delta oldtimers have experienced many of the problems for a much longer period of time.)

For example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12725083-post385.html

Please make the d*** online award search tools decently usable again!

And as expressed countless times on this forum, there needs to be:
(1.) more transparency on the award mileage levels and fees,
(2.) a reasonable number of award seats made available at non-stratospheric mileage levels, and
(3.) and at the very least measurably more award availability for Gold, Plats, and Diams including the lower mileage requirement business award seats for international itineraries.

Please directly answer our concerns about the multiple problems with Skymile awards - for a change (I've never seen anyone at Delta take on these issues head on with their customers.)

Please start to do something about this before I have to transfer even more of my business over to other airlines.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
As WorldPerks gold, I received increased award availability.

On delta.com - that availability is ONLY there when I am a traveler on that reservation.

Hasn't it occurred to you that elites frequently use their miles MORE for booking family members than for themselves?

Please give some consideration to adopting the more customer-friendly policy of allowing "increased award availability for elites" whether or not the elite traveler is booking an award ticket. (Remember - he or she may actually be flying the same itinerary but paying cash for his or her miles to help insure status for next year.)
Old Oct 30, 2009, 2:18 pm

Today I received an email from Bizperks saying that the merger date with Skybonus was the end of January. It assured me that "all my points were safe," but provided me with absolutely no details about how the conversion would occur or what earnings would be like going forward. It would be helpful if we could get some more concrete information about what that merger will eventually look like. (Fundamentally Skybonus and Bizperks are structured very differently)
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:11 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by humanoid94
Today I received an email from Bizperks saying that the merger date with Skybonus was the end of January. It assured me that "all my points were safe," but provided me with absolutely no details about how the conversion would occur or what earnings would be like going forward. It would be helpful if we could get some more concrete information about what that merger will eventually look like. (Fundamentally Skybonus and Bizperks are structured very differently)
Thanks for the feedback. Skybonus is totally separate from SkyMiles, but I will make sure the program manager is aware of your comments.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
SkyMilesInsider, are you aware of the problem most of us are having today (Nov 1) in that all of our mileage history is gone? The total miles are shown at the top but all other info like segments flown, etc shows 0 or -1.

Edited to add: This is not limited to WP transfers. A good number of us have never had WP accounts.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Marylou
SkyMilesInsider, are you aware of the problem most of us are having today (Nov 1) in that all of our mileage history is gone? The total miles are shown at the top but all other info like segments flown, etc shows 0 or -1.

Edited to add: This is not limited to WP transfers. A good number of us have never had WP accounts.
It is not gone.

Login to your account using nwa.com for now and you will see all of your account activity in tact and more easily readable than on delta.com.

-RM
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat

This DL-north member is not having any account issues today. So, not so sure it is a problem with "most" of us.

My account on both DL and NWA shows what they have posted to my account so far.... It is still missing the Loyalty bonuses since the integration, but will probably get them in near future?!
Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It is not gone.

Login to your account using nwa.com for now and you will see all of your account activity in tact and more easily readable than on delta.com.

-RM
Does this mean that they are going to merge the 2 systems into the NW module?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Does this mean that they are going to merge the 2 systems into the NW module?
They state that they are using NW IT for the Skymiles accounts.

What I believe was meant was that you can look at your Skymiles accounts on both DL.com and NWA. com. The way that nwa.com records your data is much more clear than the labels on the dl.com accounting records.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.