Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Now so many coach fares on Skyteam airline partners don't earn SkyMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now so many coach fares on Skyteam airline partners don't earn SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Spoken like someone with absolutely no experience with UA or *A generally.

More important with regards to *A is that, in addition to the lousy earnings on coach tickets, you have little to no idea how much a codeshare earns. Book a UA codeshare on LH from FRA to JNB (if they offer one) and you don't really know ahead of time whether it will fall into one of the excluded fare codes.

DL's earning rules may be annoying, but they are also much more easily worked around by booking codeshares. The recent expansion of codeshares with KL will only help with this.
Well, if you only fly from US to Europe then you are fine.

For US-Asia, KE, CZ and CI codeshare is so expensive that I cannot afford it.

For many other city pairs there's no DL codeshare available.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi blug,

Originally Posted by blug
No matter where you go you can find some UA partner airlines to earm EQM on deeply discounted coach. These airlines include OZ, LH, LX, CA, NH, AC, SK, SA, BD, US, and possibly others. My impression is that UA offers EQM on any paid fare on these carriers, but I may be wrong.
I have to look up the fare class, but there are definitely a couple of paid LX fares that do NOT earn any UA mileage ... it's the same fares that earn 125 miles or 25% of distance flown in LH's M&M.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Unfortunately another NOT best in class enhancement though. I sincerely hope DL adopts the fare classes for MQM/RDM as NW had with (especially) KL and the other ST partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.