Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-LAX Z inventory

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2009, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Executive
SYD-LAX Z inventory

I called the elite line today and they claimed that there was no Z inventory available for the months of December, January, or February... Does this sound right?

I was hoping to upgrade a ticket but it doesn't seem like its going to happen.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 3:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
I just scanned those months on ExpertFlyer and don't see a thing.

Makes me think they're going to hold back advance Z inventories more often going forward, particularly once it becomes possible to use the instrument on day of departure at the airport.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well I sure hope thats because something is messed up in the system. If they're not going to allow upgrades then thats bs. The day of departure upgrades don't even come on line until some time next year after the new medallion program starts.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hokiekev
I called the elite line today and they claimed that there was no Z inventory available for the months of December, January, or February... Does this sound right?

I was hoping to upgrade a ticket but it doesn't seem like its going to happen.
I wouldn't infer an upgrade won't happen. The OP is looking to confirm an upgrade in peak season for travel up to 4+ months away. That's plenty of time for an upgrade to clear. As for being willing to buy something higher than the cheapest fare coach for that chance, that's another story.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Executive
I have a Y fare and they said they put me on a waitlist for an upgrade. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of waitlist. How often, or if at all, should I check in. My flight is scheduled for Dec 23rd now.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
I think they tend to open up some of the inventory 2-3 days before the flight leaves. At least this was my experience a few months ago to/from SYD.

This thread may also help:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-syd-lax.html
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by timetosave
I think they tend to open up some of the inventory 2-3 days before the flight leaves. At least this was my experience a few months ago to/from SYD.

This thread may also help:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-syd-lax.html
I bought my ticket in July and the outbound was waitlisted. About three or four weeks after the ticket purchase I noticed the upgrade had cleared and i was confirmed in Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.