SVO to HAV

Old Nov 28, 08, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
SVO to HAV

Any comments about recent Aeroflot service between SVO and Havana?
Old Nov 30, 08, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Not sure it helps you any but Aeroflot has one flight each way but not daily. Service is on 767-300 equipment.
Old Dec 5, 08, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently flew the 767-300 in President's Class from SVO-HKG and it was one of the best flights I have ever had. Tremendous food, excellent service, comfortable seat.

If SU's international meal service in Y is as good as their domestic meal service, you should enjoy your flight in either cabin.

p.s. Love the Cold War route
Old Jan 26, 09, 11:35 am

Programs: AC Elite (waddya mean it's expired?), HHonours Gold, bunch of other stuff
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
If SU's international meal service in Y is as good as their domestic meal service, you should enjoy your flight in either cabin.
You're kidding, right?

I used to fly Moscow - Nizhnevartovsk. The knowledgeble expats pretented to be asleep during meal service (so as not to offend the crew), then pulled out packed meals later.
Old Jan 26, 09, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AC110 View Post
You're kidding, right?

I used to fly Moscow - Nizhnevartovsk. The knowledgeble expats pretented to be asleep during meal service (so as not to offend the crew), then pulled out packed meals later.
I found that SU's int'l Business and domestic Economy meals beat most airlines. YMMV, I suppose. Have you flown them recently?
Old Sep 8, 09, 2:16 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Originally Posted by tmac100 View Post
Any comments about recent Aeroflot service between SVO and Havana?
I have done this roundtrip with SU 7 times in the last 2 years in J for pleasure and for business.

Before it used to be the B767 but now they have the new A330 on this sector. The service had been good in J but since now the IFE problem has finally been solved with the introduction of the new A330 so it has become even better as this was the major point lacking as they used to have the portable miniplayers in J but now they have AVOD and an even better seat pitch.

Food is ok and drinks are plenty to choose from between Henessy XO, Chivas 12, Russisky Standard, Bombay Saphire and good Chilean & French wines too.

Service is attentive and loads are usually anywhere between 70 - 90% usually in the J cabin on this sector.

Having done this sector twice on AF in J my choice will be SU as its simply better.

Need any more info then PM to me.

Safe Flying

EGT

Search this Thread