Trump tightens travel options to Cuba

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trump tightens travel options to Cuba

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
US citizen. I wish to fly LAD (Angola) to HAV (for the novelty and it's a convenient route) then continue on to TPA (home) on a direct WN flight.

Will I have any trouble booking/boarding/arriving?

With the new restrictions, will WN strand me in HAV because I don't meet their qualifications for travel? Will CBP be upset? I have Global Entry btw.

Last edited by rivlinm; Jul 23, 2019 at 8:43 pm
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:24 pm

What "new restrictions"? Were you planning on coming to Cuba on a cruise from the US? Were you planning on coming with an organized US based tour group and using P2P as your OFAC travel reason? Those are the only travel situations effected. Read some more travel forums online to see that hundreds, if not thousands, of US passport holders and others departing from the US and returning there, are traveling with no problems. Btw, it is not CBP's job to . perform audits on travelers in US airports.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
The changes will restrict non-family travel to Cuba, which could impact both cruise and air travel that picked up after Obama opened up relations.
Glad I went 2 months ago but sad I probably won't get to go back anytime soon.
The same with me! (( Was lucky enough to spend there 3 weeks with some of my in-laws. Was going to go there oncw again some time soon. Only in my dreams (((
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
BTW, in a few weeks I'll be staying at Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana and Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad. My understanding is that both of these hotels are on the no-go list under American regulations. If anyone would like to report me to US authorities, please feel free to do so. I would enjoy the opportunity to challenge the validity of the applicable federal regulations.
YVR Cockroach and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Just saw that the US is putting more restrictions on flights - all but the Havana flights are cancelled
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:08 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
Just saw that the US is putting more restrictions on flights - all but the Havana flights are cancelled
Effective December 10, 2019
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/polit...hts/index.html
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
The changes will restrict non-family travel to Cuba, which could impact both cruise and air travel that picked up after Obama opened up relations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...to-cuba-2019-4

https://thehill.com/latino/439360-tr...travel-to-cuba

Glad I went 2 months ago but sad I probably won't get to go back anytime soon.
Why not?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:45 pm

There seems to be enough space on the flights to Havana, and prices for fares don't seem to have gone up (althought hey probably will for the actual holidays as they have been wont to do) since the shut down of all non-Havana flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.