Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Pets will be allowed on cruises soon, good news?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pets will be allowed on cruises soon, good news?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:34 am

About 15 years ago we were on the Vistafjord and the captain had a dog. The only time we saw the dog was when the ship was in port and a crew member took the dog ashore. No one seemed to mind.
Bob
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by greatam
DEFINITELY NOT the baggage compartment. In fact, the kennels on the QE2 are on one of the higher decks, down the hall from some of the best suites.

Does Cunard offer a Kennel programme?

Queen Mary 2s kennel programme is available on all crossings between New York and Southampton in either direction, and is overseen by a full-time Kennel Master who takes care of responsibilities such as feeding, walking and cleaning the ships 12 spacious kennels. Travelling dogs and cats also receive a complimentary gift pack and other animal amenities.The kennels and adjacent indoor and outdoor walking areas are open throughout the day, enabling passengers to spend significant time with their pet. Reservations for the kennels may be made at time of booking, and are based on space availability. Contact Cunard for fees and additional requirements.
This is where I think pet owners are psycho, just like giving them expensive funerals. SOOOO Ridiculous. It is great to love animals, but it is crazy to try and replace feelings for humans with animals.

Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
I have serious pet allergies

Me too and I`d not be happy to sleep in a room where a cat has slept before.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:00 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
This decision will save me and any one else with serious allergies or asthma or some other respiratory diseases thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars over our lifetime, since we will not be able to book cruises on such ships.

The only difference between your cigarette and your dog is that I have an immediate violent allergic response to your dog. Your cigarette doesn't kill me for 40 years, if it ever does.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Originally Posted by drbond
I do not want to:
Hear them
Smell them
Feel them
Taste them
Funny - EXACTLY how I (and loads of other folks) feel about children.... Except I don't want to SEE them either.

If there is a line that encourages pets and bans children, I might be tempted to actually take a cruise.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier
IMHO, it depends on the crew and whether they are going to quickly and rapidly enforce rules. I love animals, but I hate people who think it's charming to let their dog stick his muzzle in my crotch in a public place. I suspect that there will be a lot of overlap between these people and people who bring the dog on a cruise.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

pet friendly hotels and spas, etc are becoming yet another way to compete for business from high end clients.

If there is a line that encourages pets and bans children, I might be tempted to actually take a cruise.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by the_nomad
Funny - EXACTLY how I (and loads of other folks) feel about children.... Except I don't want to SEE them either.

EXACTLY!!! All 4 labs and the misfit of the family (English mastiff and Rott X) are ready to go tomorrow. My five CAN'T be any more unruly than what I have seen people's children do. They truly can't throw chairs in the pool, spit in the food at the buffet OR poop in the pool. They are better mannered than that.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by drbond
I do not want to:

Taste them
Cat. . . the other white meat.

Yum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.