Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend a good agent on Asia cruises?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Recommend a good agent on Asia cruises?

Hi Cruise experts,

My wife wants to take her team on a cruise, going from Shanghai to Japan and back. I have done some research and it seems going through a good agent seems to be the best way to go. In that case can anyone here recommend a good agent that can book Asian cruises for me to book a cruise with?

Thanks
gretchendz likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by ABC Traveler
Hi Cruise experts,

My wife wants to take her team on a cruise, going from Shanghai to Japan and back. I have done some research and it seems going through a good agent seems to be the best way to go. In that case can anyone here recommend a good agent that can book Asian cruises for me to book a cruise with?

Thanks
I use Crown Cruise Vacations (based in New Jersey), and they are very good.
ABC Traveler likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Travel Advisors

Hi Cruise experts,

Thanks
You are correct that a good TA should be able to help. However, it is more likely to find an agent who specializes in particular cruise lines, rather than an area like Asia.

Are they looking at a budget line? premium? luxury? While most TAs will book most lines, it would be one good to use one who knows the particular line(s) well. Also, depending on the size of the group, that's a whole other beast.

If you have one or two cruise lines in mind, there are good ways to find agents who focus on them. Extra points if they sail that line themselves.
ABC Traveler likes this.

Last edited by gretchendz; Feb 24, 2024 at 8:33 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gretchendz
You are correct that a good TA should be able to help. However, it is more likely to find an agent who specializes in particular cruise lines, rather than an area like Asia.

Are they looking at a budget line? premium? luxury? While most TAs will book most lines, it would be one good to use one who knows the particular line(s) well. Also, depending on the size of the group, that's a whole other beast.

If you have one or two cruise lines in mind, there are good ways to find agents who focus on them. Extra points if they sail that line themselves.
Royal Carribeans, around 30 people
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I use Crown Cruise Vacations (based in New Jersey), and they are very good.
I used them for one cruise and got screwed multiple times. Never again.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I used them for one cruise and got screwed multiple times. Never again.
That's too bad for you. I've been using them since 2010 and have had great success and good discounts from them. On the rare occasions when they made a mistake, they were able to fix them for me promptly.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Hi Cruise experts,

Thanks
I can't find many cruises ex-Shanghai, not to mention a roundtrip to Japan and back. Have you done a cursory Google of this query or looked at Royal Caribbean, as that seems to be your desired line?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
I can't find many cruises ex-Shanghai, not to mention a roundtrip to Japan and back. Have you done a cursory Google of this query or looked at Royal Caribbean, as that seems to be your desired line?
We already identified the cruise offered by Royal Carribean, but I've done enough research to realized it's better to work through a TA and not just book direct with the cruise line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.