Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uniworld Mekong cruise?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Uniworld Mekong cruise?

Has anyone been on this cruise? I'm heading out with my parents in October and am very excited! I've never been to Asia before (closest would be India!) so I'm very excited!

Any tips would be wicked helpful! Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by FoggyBridges
Has anyone been on this cruise? I'm heading out with my parents in October and am very excited! I've never been to Asia before (closest would be India!) so I'm very excited!

Any tips would be wicked helpful! Thanks!
I don't know much about this particular cruise other than the boat is not owned by Uniworld: http://uniworld.com/boutique-ships/v...hid/ship-facts

You may find a little bit more information here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/...cfm?ShipID=722

Please update your posting once your family has completed this cruise. I'm scheduled to take their Bordeaux River Cruise later next year, so I'm interested in keeping tabs on guest treatment by Uniworld. I'm interested in your cruise too, so feedback about the experience is greatly appreciated. ^

The company itself seems very solid and highly rated, so I suspect your trip will be awesome! http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/...ruiseLineID=69
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

I've actually been on a few Uniworld cruises and they are WONDERFUL!

Took a Christmas cruise with them a few years ago- Mom wanted to go to Church on Christmas Morning- they organized a bus for us!
We were in Budapest, and the Christmas Markets were closed in the city that day, so upon request they set up another tour for that afteroon to Szentendre where there was a market open!

Great service!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Hi Foggy,

Any trip report?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:46 pm
prh

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
Not sure whether anyone cares about this issue any more, but I got back from this Uniworld cruise a month ago. The ship now is the Mekong Jewel. It’s quite nice, but not up to Uniworld’s European options (although standard cabins are larger). I would say food was good, but not great. Service on board was very good, but I can’t say the same on land, especially when staying at hotels pre- and post-cruise. For example, one day we were told to be in the lobby at 10:30 for the transfer to the Mekong Jewel, but the buses didn’t leave until 11:15. Also safety and health issues were average to poor. There was no attempt to ask people with colds, flu, etc., to keep in mind the health of others. In addition, boarding the boat in places was very dodgy. This was my fourth Uniworld cruise and second in nine months. I had planned to book a European cruise for 2015 when I returned. Those plans are now on hold. NOTE: I filled out a post cruise survey and asked for a response. Despite two follow-up emails, I’ve yet to hear from the company.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:42 pm

A well-traveled friend likes to cruise on the Mekong with Pandaw. I have not sailed with them before, but I trust my friend's opinions because she has high standards and is an experienced global traveler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.