Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

What's everyone's favorite wave height forecast site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

I think the title says it all, but what's everyone's favorite (or the most reliable/accurate) website for wave height forecasts? I like to know what to expect ahead of time so I know when or if I need to pop a Dramamine.

Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:21 pm

Surfline.com
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Hilton Diamond, WN, AA, Total Rewards Diamond
For open sea waves the National Weather Service provides wave height forecasts over most of the waters where cruise ships frequent around North America. Go to the link below and click on the top left and change "hazards" to "wave height". You can use the slider bar at the top to change the forecast time. Beware the website is a little slow to load and render but the data is pretty good.

https://digital.weather.gov/?zoom=3&...rue&barbs=true
Rare and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
I just go with the ship's daily forecast. Seasickness isn't an issue for me and I enjoy the high waves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.