Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Question for NCL experts

Question for NCL experts

Old Mar 12, 18, 2:18 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO/SMF
Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Posts: 1,902
Talking Question for NCL experts

All,

Hoping one of you can definitively answer a cabin configuration question that the CSR could not.
2BDR Haven Suite - Looking at a future cruise on Jewel, does anyone know for certain if the sofa-bed can be removed and replaced with a traditional bed, or at least can the mattress on a fold-out sofa be replaced with a traditional mattress (just wouldn't close up the bed for the duration of cruise).

Thanks.
fozziedoggie is offline  
Old Mar 12, 18, 9:06 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NorCal
Posts: 658
If no answers, that's definitely one to ask on the Norwegian section of CruiseCritic.com
codex57 is offline  
Old Mar 14, 18, 12:16 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
You can take the mattress from the pull-down bed in the wall and place it on the sofa bed. We do this all the time on NCL - makes the sofa bed MUCH more comfortable.
Kiara is offline  
Old Mar 14, 18, 2:15 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO/SMF
Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Posts: 1,902
Thanks, but won't have a pull-down bed in the cabin we're booking; would like to have them swap out a real bed.

Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
You can take the mattress from the pull-down bed in the wall and place it on the sofa bed. We do this all the time on NCL - makes the sofa bed MUCH more comfortable.
fozziedoggie is offline  
Old Mar 15, 18, 10:21 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
We've had that happen too - in that case we tip the steward $20 as soon as we see him on the first day and ask him to find a mattress to place on the sofa bed. There's usually one in a room with a pull down bed that isn't being used somewhere.
Kiara is offline  
Old Mar 15, 18, 6:28 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Posts: 10,292
Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
We've had that happen too - in that case we tip the steward $20 as soon as we see him on the first day and ask him to find a mattress to place on the sofa bed. There's usually one in a room with a pull down bed that isn't being used somewhere.
There is a saying:

There isn't a problem that Ben Franklin can't solve.
tentseller is offline  
Old Mar 23, 18, 7:43 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Posts: 625
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie View Post
Thanks, but won't have a pull-down bed in the cabin we're booking; would like to have them swap out a real bed.
Don't all 2BR suites on the NCL's Jewel class ships have a pull-down bed in the second bedroom?

GC
GeezerCouple is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 1:03 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BWI
Posts: 1,781
I would suggest contacting a travel agent that books a lot of cruises. if you need a name, send me a PM. Using a TA that does a lot of cruises will help eliminate some problems in the booking process, especially understanding the room types etc.
farbster is offline  
Old Apr 4, 18, 6:45 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 125
We had a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade which is a Sister ship to the Jewel. The second bedroom has a pull down bed from the ceiling and a small bed on the floor in the very small second bedroom. I thought the couch was a sofa bed but can't remember. I highly doubt that the staff would remove the sofa and put in a bed, but you can certainly ask. You can however ask your Butler to leave the bed open and put a topper on it. I think you can ask for a roll away bed too. This is a lovely suite. The second bathroom was VERY nice, as the main bathroom is very open and the glass toilet door leave little to the imagination.
I can't remember how many people are allowed for this cabin.
Oxnardjan is offline  
Old Apr 4, 18, 8:44 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO/SMF
Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Posts: 1,902
Thank you Oxnardjan...very insightful. If we do decide to have 3 adults, will definitely ask for the topper/extra mattress to lay over the permanent small bed; should be fine for one adult.

^

Originally Posted by Oxnardjan View Post
We had a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade which is a Sister ship to the Jewel. The second bedroom has a pull down bed from the ceiling and a small bed on the floor in the very small second bedroom. I thought the couch was a sofa bed but can't remember. I highly doubt that the staff would remove the sofa and put in a bed, but you can certainly ask. You can however ask your Butler to leave the bed open and put a topper on it. I think you can ask for a roll away bed too. This is a lovely suite. The second bathroom was VERY nice, as the main bathroom is very open and the glass toilet door leave little to the imagination.
I can't remember how many people are allowed for this cabin.
fozziedoggie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: