FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cruises (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruises-179/)
-   -   Question for NCL experts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruises/1898441-question-ncl-experts.html)

fozziedoggie Mar 12, 18 2:18 pm

Question for NCL experts

All,

Hoping one of you can definitively answer a cabin configuration question that the CSR could not.
2BDR Haven Suite - Looking at a future cruise on Jewel, does anyone know for certain if the sofa-bed can be removed and replaced with a traditional bed, or at least can the mattress on a fold-out sofa be replaced with a traditional mattress (just wouldn't close up the bed for the duration of cruise).

Thanks.

codex57 Mar 12, 18 9:06 pm

If no answers, that's definitely one to ask on the Norwegian section of CruiseCritic.com

Kiara Mar 14, 18 12:16 pm

You can take the mattress from the pull-down bed in the wall and place it on the sofa bed. We do this all the time on NCL - makes the sofa bed MUCH more comfortable.

fozziedoggie Mar 14, 18 2:15 pm

Thanks, but won't have a pull-down bed in the cabin we're booking; would like to have them swap out a real bed.

Originally Posted by Kiara (Post 29524687)
You can take the mattress from the pull-down bed in the wall and place it on the sofa bed. We do this all the time on NCL - makes the sofa bed MUCH more comfortable.

Kiara Mar 15, 18 10:21 am

We've had that happen too - in that case we tip the steward $20 as soon as we see him on the first day and ask him to find a mattress to place on the sofa bed. There's usually one in a room with a pull down bed that isn't being used somewhere.

tentseller Mar 15, 18 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Kiara (Post 29528302)
We've had that happen too - in that case we tip the steward $20 as soon as we see him on the first day and ask him to find a mattress to place on the sofa bed. There's usually one in a room with a pull down bed that isn't being used somewhere.

There is a saying:

There isn't a problem that Ben Franklin can't solve.

GeezerCouple Mar 23, 18 7:43 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 29525209)
Thanks, but won't have a pull-down bed in the cabin we're booking; would like to have them swap out a real bed.

Don't all 2BR suites on the NCL's Jewel class ships have a pull-down bed in the second bedroom?

GC

farbster Mar 30, 18 1:03 pm

I would suggest contacting a travel agent that books a lot of cruises. if you need a name, send me a PM. Using a TA that does a lot of cruises will help eliminate some problems in the booking process, especially understanding the room types etc.

Oxnardjan Apr 4, 18 6:45 am

We had a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade which is a Sister ship to the Jewel. The second bedroom has a pull down bed from the ceiling and a small bed on the floor in the very small second bedroom. I thought the couch was a sofa bed but can't remember. I highly doubt that the staff would remove the sofa and put in a bed, but you can certainly ask. You can however ask your Butler to leave the bed open and put a topper on it. I think you can ask for a roll away bed too. This is a lovely suite. The second bathroom was VERY nice, as the main bathroom is very open and the glass toilet door leave little to the imagination.
I can't remember how many people are allowed for this cabin.

fozziedoggie Apr 4, 18 8:44 am

Thank you Oxnardjan...very insightful. If we do decide to have 3 adults, will definitely ask for the topper/extra mattress to lay over the permanent small bed; should be fine for one adult.

^

Originally Posted by Oxnardjan (Post 29601099)
We had a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade which is a Sister ship to the Jewel. The second bedroom has a pull down bed from the ceiling and a small bed on the floor in the very small second bedroom. I thought the couch was a sofa bed but can't remember. I highly doubt that the staff would remove the sofa and put in a bed, but you can certainly ask. You can however ask your Butler to leave the bed open and put a topper on it. I think you can ask for a roll away bed too. This is a lovely suite. The second bathroom was VERY nice, as the main bathroom is very open and the glass toilet door leave little to the imagination.
I can't remember how many people are allowed for this cabin.