MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MSC Cruises Voyagers Club Status Match

Voyagers Club status tiers, etc. can be read here. There is a link (top left) to STATUS MATCH.

Become an Instant Member of the MSC Voyagers Club with Status Match

We are excited to introduce our new and exclusive Status Match program dedicated to the frequent travelers like you! If you belong to a loyalty program of other travel brands, you will be able to join the MSC Voyagers Club and receive the matching status card, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any booking PLUS similar benefit status*.
Click here for the MSC Status Match page, which stipulates:

Terms & Conditions

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

** Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel program benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards (Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer).

Guests will physically receive their membership card once on board for their first cruise with MSC Cruises. It is not possible to combine MSC Voyagers Club points with points from the benefit card data of other cruise companies. If a guest has benefit cards with multiple companies, he/she will have to choose which card to use to take part in the promotion. The MSC Voyagers Club card and membership will be subject to the terms and conditions of the MSC Voyagers Club. A copy of the MSC Voyagers Club T&Cs is available on the MSC Cruises website. MSC Cruises reserves the right to reject any Status Match Request without any legal ramifications for legitimate reasons and to stop this program at any time. MSC employees may not take part in the Status Match Program.
Click here to download a benefits listing grid for all five tiers of MSC Voyagers Club.

Email: mscvoyagersclub <at> msccruisesusa.com

Updated 5 May 2016
Print Wikipost

MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Sorry if this link was already posted, but I did not see it

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...h-Program.aspx

benefits of each level

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...gers-Club.aspx

Last edited by ranles; Feb 15, 2019 at 10:55 pm Reason: second data point
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Just wondering, does anyone know if MSC only accepts photos of the physical card to status match? Or can you do a screenshot of the relevant info from your online account? I'm not sure that my wife or I have Marriott Bonvoy cards that show our current status.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Just wondering, does anyone know if MSC only accepts photos of the physical card to status match? Or can you do a screenshot of the relevant info from your online account? I'm not sure that my wife or I have Marriott Bonvoy cards that show our current status.
It has been a while but they took a screenshot from me without issue.

However there are now very few non-cruise statuses that match to Black. Top tier Marriott goes to Gold now.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
It has been a while but they took a screenshot from me without issue.

However there are now very few non-cruise statuses that match to Black. Top tier Marriott goes to Gold now.
Thank you very much - I'll give it a shot.

I'd be happy with any kind of status beyond the basic welcome level, as the 5% discount on a cruise for my family would make it worthwhile. Anything beyond that is gravy!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Thank you very much - I'll give it a shot.

I'd be happy with any kind of status beyond the basic welcome level, as the 5% discount on a cruise for my family would make it worthwhile. Anything beyond that is gravy!
If you're Titanium Marriott that tends to match to Gold now. Anything lower than Plat and you'll almost certainly get Silver. Plat itself seems to vary, with some getting Silver and some getting Gold - likely agent dependent.
heraclitus likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
I did a status match almost 3 years ago and haven't sailed on MSC. My status was due to expire this year since I hadn't cruised with MSC in 3 years but I received an email saying they were extending everyone's status for at least 1 year until 12/21/2021. With the downgrade in status match I may book a cruise with them after all. (I had one booked for last March but cancelled).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.