Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Will there be enough time from port to CPH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

We disembark in Copenhagen on July 2nd. The ship is due to arrive at 8:00AM. There is a flight from CPH at 11:30. We do have reservations for the night at a hotel in Copenhagen, but I'm curious if this flight might be an option. Apologies if this has already been asked. I searched the forums but could only find queries regarding from the airport to the cruise terminals. Thank you!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You will need everything to come together in perfect alignment.

The ship has to be on time, no delays in getting people off, you need to be in the first group off, and there needs to be cabs available without a line.

Any of that goes wrong, and you may not make it.

I say overnight, enjoy the city, etc.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cordelli
I say overnight, enjoy the city, etc.
Not to mention CPH is a wonderful city to spend a couple of nights before flying home. If you can afford the cost and extra vacation time, I would highly recommend not stressing on that last day of your cruise and instead enjoying this wonderful city.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Not to mention CPH is a wonderful city to spend a couple of nights before flying home. If you can afford the cost and extra vacation time, I would highly recommend not stressing on that last day of your cruise and instead enjoying this wonderful city.
We already have reservations that evening in Copenhagen. I'm just looking at our flight options. (Delta has changed our itinerary multiple times and as it stands now, we have a 6 1/2 hour layover at JFK before heading to IAD.) Reward seats are a rare commodity these days...
Old May 4, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
3.5 hours should not be a problem really to get from the cruise ship harbour to the airport. i would recommend a taxi to Norreport and take the Metro from there. Its a straight shot to the airport and you dont have to drive through downtown, which can become congested at that hour.

however, if you have the option to spend a day in Copenhagen, take it. The city and its surrounding areas are very beautiful. A stroll through down town, starting at Stroget - the pedestrian shopping street, ending at Nyhavn, a small harbour with loads of good restaurants with outside dining and drinking is highly recommended. If you like getting a tan, you should take the beforementioned metro to the beach Amagerstrand (weather permitting) and joing the locals with a sixpack of Tuborg
Old May 8, 2013, 8:45 pm

We've flown from CPH about the same time.
What hotel have you chosen?
If you can change hotels the Hilton is at the airport. We used the train to go back and forth into the city.
You can take the train directly to the airport from the center of the city. The station is located west of Tivoli Garden. It takes about 20 minutes. The train pulls directly into the termimal. The check in level is T shaped with the train at the bottom. The Delta desks will be to the right at the top. It's an easy access.
Delta has several flights leaving about the same time and not enough agents. If you have gold or above medallion status you can access the Sky Priority lane which will make your check in much faster. If not plan on three hours. Once checked in you will go up one level through security and through an awesome Duty Free and then on to your gate.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

I would get the ships first shuttle to the airport for early flights so that you are first off -that's what I did to stay at Hilton overnight -I used the train to come back into the city to explore
Old May 12, 2013, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I have good news, after spending part of an afternoon on the telephone with Delta and Air France, I was able to get our tickets changed so we're going through CDG en route to IAD (there's a shorter layover there). Now we will have all day the day we arrive in Copenhagen to enjoy the city. We've never been there and can hardly wait!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.