US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:04 pm

Did anyone who still held an existing personal Flexperks Travel Rewards Visa from the 2012 or 2014 promo apply for a new personal card and receive the Olympic bonus for 2016? I opened a personal card in the 2012 promotion, closed the account in October 2015, applied for a new personal card under the 2016 Olympic promo, and received both the 20k spending bonus and 14,800 Olympic medal bonus. DH did the same, except his card from 2012 is still open, and he received the 20k spending bonus but no medal bonus. He did make a purchase by 9/30. I know the terms seemed to indicate existing and previous members would not qualify but I got the bonuses while being a previous member. Sent an SM but they said to call the rewards team. Aside from the difficulty of getting DH to make the call, not sure if I want to draw attention in case they try to claw back the 20k he did receive. Btw, he also applied for the business version, which he never had before, and he received both bonuses for that account.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
For the past couple of days I have been trying to book a flight entirely outside the US using the Flexperks Rewards site. Result:

It seems that you can't book anything unless either origin or destination are in the US. And I mean strictly the 50 states + DC.

YYZ-YVR fails
LHR-CDG fails
FRA-SIN fails
even SJU-STT fails, and those are almost US destinations

What is going on here? Just a web site hiccup or intentional change of the Flexperks redemption possibilities?
Way late replying to this and thus doing so for future readers. I booked NCE-LHR last August with no US airports using flexperks award.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
just received a promo email:

Earn 1,500 bonus FlexPoints for using your Card!
Set your sights on even more rewards when you use your Card for $1,500 in purchases from March 1, 2017 to April 30, 2017.
(requires registration)
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Way late replying to this and thus doing so for future readers. I booked NCE-LHR last August with no US airports using flexperks award.

It is required to book with atleast one US leg . You can call the call center for international bookings ( I dont think they will charge )
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Are you sure? I'm able to pull up intra-Europe bookings now.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sifer
It is required to book with atleast one US leg . You can call the call center for international bookings ( I dont think they will charge )
I used 20k flexperk points to book a British Airways flight from Nice, FR to London last August. Did it online. And I even posted about it upthread back at the time of issuance bc they ticketed me as basic economy (or whatever) when the next class up was still <$400. I was miffed.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Julie17
Did anyone who still held an existing personal Flexperks Travel Rewards Visa from the 2012 or 2014 promo apply for a new personal card and receive the Olympic bonus for 2016?.
I talked to US Bank and was told that I do not qualify as I already had a Flexperks card. I got the 20,000 signup but no Olympic bonus. Even though there is no wording about prior cardholders being ineligible they refused to award the points. I spoke to several reps before applying and they claimed it was not a problem which was obviously incorrect.

A manager gave me 6,000 bonus points as a goodwill gesture (3,000 for each card I hold).

If anyone has a different experience please let me know.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
FINALLY this weekend, the $50 Summer Banking Bonus appeared as a credit on that FlexPerks card. That took a lot of waiting and follow up, but at least it finally happened.

I've now discovered a new issue: the former Bonus Points for Charitable Donations category on my (discontinued) Amex has disappeared and Double Points at Gas Stations is now present. I don't recall seeing anything about this change. Has this happened to others? In theory this could be a benefit for people like me that have another FP card (the Visa) that is still offering the charity bonus, as gas is a category that wasn't on either of these cards before. But certainly I wouldn't have used this card for charity if I'd known the category was gone. (I also wouldn't use it at gas stations either, since I get 5% cash back from USAA for that.)

EDIT: I'd forgotten that this card offers 2x on grocery, gas stations, OR airlines, because I've always used this one solely for grocery, as other cards provide better bonuses on the other two categories. For some reason, one of my purchases at Kroger categorized as a gas station and activated that category. So perhaps charity isn't actually gone, but my charitable purchase on that statement coded incorrectly? I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can get clarity. I've learned they're totally restricted from resolving anything that codes improperly.

Last edited by Carl; Mar 5, 2017 at 1:59 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Julie17
Did anyone who still held an existing personal Flexperks Travel Rewards Visa from the 2012 or 2014 promo apply for a new personal card and receive the Olympic bonus for 2016?
Yes
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Does Flexperks reimburse United Airlines in-flight WiFi purchases?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Does the cardholder need to be a traveler on a flexperks flight redemption?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:34 pm
esf

Originally Posted by ralphs
Does the cardholder need to be a traveler on a flexperks flight redemption?
No.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I did a charge at WM neighbourhood market, which codes as a grocery, only received 1 point/$. Called USB, they said that it in fact code as a grocery. Do the bonus points post right away or I need to wait?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:10 pm

Looking for recent DP

Has anyone successfully apply and gotten approval for 'U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Business Edge™ Travel Rewards Card' , with ARS and SageStream frozen?

I previously froze them before applying to a USB personal credit card (not FlexPerks), per DoC advice http://www.doctorofcredit.com/two-cr...k-credit-card/ and managed to get that credit card successfully

However, I have heard that if those 2 bureaus are frozen, the USB business card application will be rejected. There was also some DP here U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Any more recent experience?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yugi
I did a charge at WM neighbourhood market, which codes as a grocery, only received 1 point/$. Called USB, they said that it in fact code as a grocery. Do the bonus points post right away or I need to wait?
Remember that the Visa only pays on the highest of grocery, gas, or airlines. Did you have higher spend in one of the other categories? Otherwise the bonus should post on the same statement as the charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.