US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by mizzou1
Were both cards linked to the same FlexPerks account number before you cancel the Select+?
Yes. However, it can take a couple of months for the new card to properly show, so I guess it looked like I had left completely and therefore made sense to zero out the account. It's a bit of a quirky system. Although I now have three cards, only the oldest one can be used on the FlexPerks Promos site, for example. It says the newer numbers are invalid.

I would presume if you close an account yet have at least one other older FlexPerks card properly showing in their system, the points won't be removed.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
Yes. However, it can take a couple of months for the new card to properly show, so I guess it looked like I had left completely and therefore made sense to zero out the account. It's a bit of a quirky system. Although I now have three cards, only the oldest one can be used on the FlexPerks Promos site, for example. It says the newer numbers are invalid.

I would presume if you close an account yet have at least one other older FlexPerks card properly showing in their system, the points won't be removed.
So it means that points in a FlexPerks account will not be forfeited or expire as long as at least one FlexPerks earning credit card is open and linked to the FlexPerks account (more like Chase UR or Amex MR, and unlike Citi).

It seems this has not been previously discussed in this thread, or perhaps it has but I couldn't find it.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
So it means that points in a FlexPerks account will not be forfeited or expire as long as at least one FlexPerks earning credit card is open and linked to the FlexPerks account (more like Chase UR or Amex MR, and unlike Citi).

It seems this has not been previously discussed in this thread, or perhaps it has but I couldn't find it.
That is my understanding, yes. It just may require manual intervention.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
I applied for the Flex Points business card and was denied due to too many recent accounts and inquiries. I reached a credit analyst who was trying to help (I have a long established business and two open business cards with US Bank') but she said there was no way to override this denial reason. Has anyone written to the EO in N D and had recon success that way? I've never failed at recon in years of churning cards, and I'm looking to keep the perfect record going.....
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Applied for flex perks personal visa and amex both on the same day and approved 4 days later for both..I also have Club Carlson personal and biz version..If I apply for business version of flexpersk with olympic promo will that result in another hard pull or they use the report few days back from previous applications? any expereinces?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:47 pm

DP:approved. Pulled TU in MN. Froze sagestream & ARS. 7 inquiries on TU & 25 new accounts in last 24months
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:13 pm

Well, I'm confused. I was initially denied due to recent inquiries and recon said they weren't willing to extend more credit to me, but I said I'd be willing to move some credit from my existing card to open the new one. I said I'd move $1k over to the new card and rep said they would send the app back for consideration.

Several days later I see a new card in my account with a $20k limit. My old card only had a $7k limit so they couldn't have taken it from that. I can't complain but the way US Bank works is mysterious.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:44 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
anybody see the olympic biz visa offer
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:09 pm

I have multiple FlexPerks earning credit cards linked to one FlexPerks account. Will all of my FlexPerks points be safe if I keep only one of the cards open and cancel all others?
Which cards do you I have? I'm considering applying for a second Visa Travel Rewards personal card to take advantage of the Olympic bonus.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
CS denied knowledge of the relationship bonus last year when I got the offer as well. Knowing how terrible their CS was and that I might have to fight this, I saved the entire mailing and put it in the envelope with the card materials when I received it.
So, the most amazing thing happened on August 26th -- I had a $49 relationship bonus posted to my account! This was a card I had applied for last year that had the offer, but was not in the paperwork I got with the card. I guess it's a good thing I didn't cancel the card!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:21 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by daw4888
How long does it typically take for Flex Perks to post after you hit the min-spend requirement?
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I just called them and they said they only review the account after 120 days, and then the points post 6-8 weeks after that.

Does anyone know if that's always the case, or a "worst-case" scenario? Are there any ways to have the points post sooner than that?

This is my first U.S. Bank credit card, and they seem so strange and so different from any other bank/credit card I've had before...
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
So, the most amazing thing happened on August 26th -- I had a $49 relationship bonus posted to my account! This was a card I had applied for last year that had the offer, but was not in the paperwork I got with the card. I guess it's a good thing I didn't cancel the card!
^ I'm glad you hung in there to provide this DP. How long did it take exactly from the fee hitting and then receiving the credit? (fee on one statement and credit on the following statement?). I'm just wondering if you still had wiggle room to cancel and get the fee refunded.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Lotz
Are there other ways to take out the bonus like the Southwest "trick" where you book a $399 ticket then cancel and have funds available with Southwest?

Don't other airlines have certain tickets that can be changed to usable funds?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
This is my first U.S. Bank credit card, and they seem so strange and so different from any other bank/credit card I've had before...
Another way that they seem to differ is in their monthly reporting to credit bureaus. Rather than doing it based upon the closing date, they do it around the end of the month, but that's not a set date either. My prior update was July 29, and the most recent one was September 1, so they skipped August entirely. I presume this saves them $$. It becomes a hassle if you're trying to keep your utilization low, since paying your balance to zero doesn't necessarily help unless you keep it that way through the end and potentially beginning of the next month. I most recently gambled that the reporting date would be the 30th, so I spent more $$ that day. Lo and behold, all three cards then reported the balances on the 1st, after all of those transactions had cleared. It's not a huge deal since I'm done applying for cards for awhile, but I still hate getting notifications that my usage has skyrocketed.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ok so, I applied for the Gold card, insta approved. First time dealing with Flexperks. Hope it could be a semi-long-term card with effective 6% back on restaurants as I put lots of spend on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.