Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Can I have two credit cards from same company in my name?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa, onepass, skymiles

Meaning -- can I have an additional cc in my name when I already have an account with the cc co?

I like the new Schwab 2% cashback VISA cc, so I got one for me and my wife to use. I prefer to keep my personal expenses separate from the family budget, so I would like to get a 2nd Schwab cc to use for myself. That way, I'd get separate statements, and wouldn't have to separate out my personal expenses from the family expenses each month.

Has anyone had any experience doing this?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:29 pm

Yes you can and the easiest way is to have your wife apply for a card and add you as an additional card holder. Most other cards let you get different flavors of the same card etc but why bother when the easiest way is just have your wife apply and add you as a secondary. DONE. DO IT. END.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Depends on the bank, but in most cases yes, you can have several. I've got/had four Chase cards, five or six Citi, two Barclay, ... The only one I know of that only allows one card is Advanta.

You could also look at using a business card which allows multiple "employee" cards to keep track of things. This is probably not the best way to go since you lose some consumer protections on business cards, but would mean multiple cards and easy to separate charges yet only pay one bill.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:17 pm

As mentioned above, it does depend on a credit card issuer. I do have multiple Citi, Chase, Amex, USAA, Discover cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.