Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by JHake10
Just had someone reach out to me wanting to chat. I've never had anyone reach out to me since I opened my Premier account about two years ago.

I'm guessing this is just a sales pitch? I don't see why I'd move any other assets to HSBC since they are looking to potentially close up shop.

I got the same message. Replied with a cordial answer and all I've heard is --crickets--
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
I got the same message. Replied with a cordial answer and all I've heard is --crickets--
I spoke with the Premier rep on Friday. It was my first time speaking to a Premier rep and I did find it helpful. One thing she noted was there is a savings account at 0.4% which is unadvertised and is better than HSBC Direct. I did also note I wasn't happy with the updates to the credit card which she understood. Overall a decent call.
stanj and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:19 pm

I just noticed that the Premier World product page no longer advertises 10% off at Expedia and Agoda. I don't have this card (it's on my radar), so have any of you existing cardholders received any notice about this? I searched this thread and don't see any mention of it.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kentchristopher
... Expedia and Agoda......
The Agoda offer seems to still be valid, requires booking through this link:

https://www.agoda.com/hsbcpremier

Not sure about the Expedia offer.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Anyone have any idea what the Luxury Thank You Gift for this card is?

For hitting 50k/75k/100k USD in a year?
Old May 26, 2021, 6:06 pm
mia

USBC USA has reached an agreement to sell 80 Eastern US branches and most online accounts to Citizens Bank, and 10 Western branches to Cathay Bank.

Read more here: https://www.about.us.hsbc.com/news-a...retail-banking

FAQ: https://www.about.us.hsbc.com/hsbc-i...omer-resources

When: 2022 Source: transactions close between Dec 31, 2021 and March 30, 2022, pending regulatory approval.

HSBC USA is not selling all accounts: The balances remaining as continuing US WPB operations represent Premier, Jade and Private Banking customers, except Premier accounts with balances below $75,000 may be sold. Source: Exiting all Personal, Advance and certain Premier banking customers (those with balances below US$75k)

Last edited by mia; May 27, 2021 at 4:41 am
Old May 26, 2021, 6:22 pm

I guess the time has eventually come. Being on the west coast I've seen Cathay Bank but will likely close the account before its transferred to them. I have a Premier account but qualify on direct deposit. Seems like my account may or may not be sold?
Old May 26, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mia
USBC USA has reached an agreement to sell 80 Eastern US branches and most online accounts to Citizens Bank, and 10 Western branches to Cathay Bank.

When: 2022 Source: transactions close between Dec 31, 2021 and March 30, 2022, pending regulatory approval.

HSBC USA is not selling all accounts: The balances remaining as continuing US WPB operations represent Premier, Jade and Private Banking customers, except Premier accounts with balances below $75,000 may be sold. Source: Exiting all Personal, Advance and certain Premier banking customers (those with balances below US$75k)
Also;
"Exiting all retail business banking customers (small businesses with turnover of US$5m and under)"
Old May 26, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Have HSBC Premier accounts in both US and France. Having the US accounts switched to Cathay will make things much less convenient.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Have HSBC Premier accounts in both US and France. Having the US accounts switched to Cathay will make things much less convenient.
You should be able to keep the Premier accounts w/ HSBC, assuming you don't fall below the $75K threshold for US Premier qualification. If you're qualifying for Premier in France, then I assume you would keep the Premier account in the US based on the France relationship, although they didn't specifically address that point from what I could see.

It was a relief for me that I won't have to scramble to find a suitable replacement for my UK account.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mia

Damn...just upgraded to Advance and ordered new checks...guess need to find a new bank.

I am surprised that HSBC will sell the bank by pieces...now offically R.I.P. - rest in pieces...(a slang common in Hong Kong).

Originally Posted by stanj
If you're qualifying for Premier in France, then I assume you would keep the Premier account in the US based on the France relationship, although they didn't specifically address that point from what I could see.
HSBC is selling business in France as well...
Old May 27, 2021, 10:27 am

I was pretty dismayed to hear this. I am a "Premier" client, but only qualify via the direct deposit amount and not balance. Honestly, I am a pretty horrible customer because I just use HSBC as a depot to receive my payroll and then use free wires to get the money wherever it needs to go. It is pretty difficult to find a financial institution that offers unlimited free wires and does not ask a ton of questions to approve them. My wife's account was somehow marked as "Jade" at some point but had a similar form of operation, never holding a large balance.
JHake10 likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by gmangg
I was pretty dismayed to hear this. I am a "Premier" client, but only qualify via the direct deposit amount and not balance. Honestly, I am a pretty horrible customer because I just use HSBC as a depot to receive my payroll and then use free wires to get the money wherever it needs to go. It is pretty difficult to find a financial institution that offers unlimited free wires and does not ask a ton of questions to approve them. My wife's account was somehow marked as "Jade" at some point but had a similar form of operation, never holding a large balance.
I'm the same. I love the complimentary wire transfers. I'm looking at Chase Sapphire Banking which has many of the features of Premier but requires the 75K. I guess I can move in stocks and let them sit in their brokerage account.
ck8 likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:41 am
mia

Originally Posted by JHake10
....many of the features of Premier but requires the 75K. I guess I can move in stocks and let them sit in their brokerage account.
You could do the same at HSBC.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by mia
You could do the same at HSBC.
That is true. I guess one benefit of Chase is fee rebates on all international ATMs. I haven't looked to in-depth but can you even set up a self directed brokerage account with HSBC online and transfer securities on your own?

Last edited by JHake10; May 27, 2021 at 11:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.