Wiki Posts
Search

Visa Signature cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united airlines
Visa Signature cards

I have 3 different CCs denominated "Visa Signature." 2 are Chase cards, 1 a BofA card, and all are distinct. (1 gives UA miles, 1 gives Chase points, and 1 gives US miles.) So my question: what exactly does the "Visa Signature" label signify when it appears on a variety of cards, each with its own T&C? In other words, what makes a "Visa Signature" card a "Visa Signature" card, since different banks have different products with different T&C, but all bearing that label?

(I asked this question in a very long post to start another thread. Since there was much more than this question to that other post, I thought I would break out this pure "Visa Signature" question here. My intention is not to clutter, so I hope I haven't.)
Old Jun 27, 2007, 6:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
http://www.usa.visa.com/personal/car...signature.jsp?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT

this should answer it all....
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united airlines
Thanks. I see a great deal there, and it looks like my 3 different Visa Signature cards may be shown among the many there. But at first glance, I see nothing about the specifics of my deals with Chase on 2 of them and with BofA on the third. So are there basic features in common to all Visa Signature cards, with special features then grafted on to them by the card issuers, e.g., the UA miles that come with one, the Chase Reward points with another, and the US miles with the third?

It was for the "specific" features that I signed up for those three different cards, not for the common features of Visa Signature cards. Is there anything especially noteworthy in all that is there on the Visa Signature website, or is it pretty much the standard fare for Visa cards, as well as MC ones? (There are so many products out there that my eyes tend to blur when considering them, except as those "specific" features grab me.) Is the Citi card which gives TYP a Signature Visa? Does the Chase Rewards card stack up well against the Citi card? (That was the essence of the question I posed in the other thread.)

Thanks for the helpful information.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:47 am

Visa determines a baseline level of amenities/perks for each particular card type (Signature, Platinum, Gold, etc.). That's the list of benefits you will see on the Visa site. Beyond that, each issuing bank can add additional benefits, like Citi does with TYPs, to differentiate themselves in the market. From near bottom of page linked above, go to the "View All Benefits" link. See the things listed in the gray shaded box called "Featured Benefits"? In rough terms, those are the things you get with a Visa Signature card which you don't get with other Visa cards, along with the "no pre-set spending limit".

Mastercard has a level similar to Signature which they call "World".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.