Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Ticket Offers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Companion Ticket Offers

Has anybody found an ethical Companion Ticket offer that is not offered by an Airline Card itself? This is what I've found:

1) AIRILNE CREDIT CARD OFFERS - provide a true, valuable Companion Ticket offer. Buy one, get one; or Buy one and get a second at a real discount.

BUT ....

2) NON-AIRLINE CREDIT CARD OFFERS - I've found that non-airline credit cards that offer a Companion Ticket offer are not true companion offers. For example, companies such as Spirit Incentives and Lifestyle Vacations provide companion offers through non-airline credit cards (i.e. Chase, Capital One, American Express, others) are more of a bait and switch offer with the price of the first ticket so high that it really covers the price of both tickets, especially when you take into account the "Additional Taxes, Fees, and other Charges" added to the prices of each ticket.

The complimentary portion of the companion ticket is based on the first traveler's fare only. All taxes and fees on the first and complimentary airlines tickets are the sole responsibility of the passengers. This offer does not include U.S. domestic transportation tax, airport passenger facility charges, fuel surcharges, securities charges, airline surcharges and ticketing fulfillment fees.

Bottom line: Companion Ticket offers rarely, if ever, provide true value or savings.

Here's a thread from this site.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/archive/i.../t-519722.html

QUESTION: Has anybody found a non-airline credit card that offers a true Companion Ticket offer?

Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by joemcclure
Has anybody found a non-airline credit card that offers a true Companion Ticket offer?
Welcome to Flyertalk. See here extensive discussion of new companion ticket program bundled with American Express Platinum charge card...

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666178

The companion ticket is not "free" because there are taxes and fees, but it appears to meet your definition of true value because many people report savings versus buying two tickets. (Be careful not to confuse this feature with the international companion program offered by the same card. The international program requires purchase of a full fare business class ticket. The domestic program is entirely separate and does not require anything close to full fare.)

Be aware, however, that the Platinum Card annual fee is $450. If you were to obtain the card only for this benefit it is unlikely to provide value.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Ml plus card has unlimited companion for dl and ba as well amex citi cards have virgin prem econ 2 for1 and mexicana first .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.