Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Juniper US Air Card

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Juniper US Air Card

I have the Juniper US Air M/C. The 1 year anniversary date is within 30 days. I am wondering: is there any chance of getting them to continue the 1.5 miles per dollar spent bonus past the 1 year anniversary? Or at least getting them to toss a bunch of miles my way for continuing to use it? It is the only card I use, although I have others to switch to if it goes back to the standard 1:1 ratio.

Thanks.
Old May 28, 2007, 2:06 pm

My one year anniversary was in February, which is when I stopped all use of the card. I called to see if they would extend the promotion or offer an additional incentive, as I was spending about $5K-$8K per month. They would not budge so I simply tucked the card away and will cancel when it re-news next year. I see no reason to earn points on a 1:1 basis with USAir, as I have been unable to redeem a 25K award in years.
Old May 28, 2007, 4:56 pm

I'll let you know

I read your post and went to US Air website to add up my Juniper MC miles. Not including the 50% bonus I charged $174,000/miles in the previous 12 month period. Last month was the last month for 50% bonus. I will call tommorow and see if with that volume they will deal.
Old May 28, 2007, 8:11 pm

I was thinking about getting this card. Maybe I don't understand all the details of this card. I have the Am Exp Delta card now, which gives double miles on all Delta purchases, as well as others such as grocery stores, gas stations, home improvement stores. I was considering the Juniper US Air card because the annual fee is waived for two years. So are you saying after a certain introductory period, you do not get double miles on US Air purchases? We go on a few cruises a year, and booking through the airline travel site, you get bonus points. So I can accumulate some miles by flying the same airline and booking all our cruises through them. The reason I am thinking of switching cards to US Air is Delta has recently substantially reduced (eliminated) 25,000 flights from my area. Only 50,000 are available or none available at all.
Old May 29, 2007, 8:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MaryAnnKacz
...cruises ... booking through the airline travel site, you get bonus points. So I can accumulate some miles by flying the same airline and booking all our cruises through them.
Confused. On this website...

http://www.usairwayscruises.com/default.asp

...I see that US Air will award bonus miles if you book a cruise, but I do not see that this has anything to do with which credit card you use. For example, you could use your PremierePass card to earn Thank You Points based on the dollar amount transaction and still earn miles based on the duration of the cruise.
Old May 29, 2007, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edsanders
I read your post and went to US Air website to add up my Juniper MC miles. Not including the 50% bonus I charged $174,000/miles in the previous 12 month period. Last month was the last month for 50% bonus. I will call tommorow and see if with that volume they will deal.
I would be interested to see what they say to you. However, as a previous poster says they wouldn't deal when he spends 7-8K a month and I only spent $27k in the past 11 months on the card, I do not hold out much hope.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:11 am

I just read the terms and conditions of the Juniper US Air Card. From what I read for the first year you get 1.5 miles for every dollar spent and another 1.5 on US Air purchases. After the year is up, you get 1 mile for each dollar spent, but 2 miles on US Air purchases. So I am assuming if we book a cruise thru US Air and the cost is $1500, we get the 3000 bonus points (for a 6 to 9 day cruise) from US Air and 3000 from the credit card for a total of 6000. I just hope US Air doesn't do what Delta has just done and is only basically offering 25,000 mile flights for platinum frequent flyers which I believe is 75,000 miles or more.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:32 am
Original Poster

I called Juniper and was transferred to a "specialty department that handles these types of requests." I was then politely told no dice, that juniper would not extend any promos after the deadline period. She said it wasn't specific to my case, but rather a bank-wide policy in the event of any "introductory" promo. No offer of bonus miles, waived fees, etc. The woman was very nice about the whole situation and quite apologetic.

She even suggested I try canceling my account and reapplying for a new one if the 1.5:1 bonus ratio was so important. THAT is a first for me from a credit card retention department.

So, I guess I have to choose. Back to Bank of America, or some other option from here on out.
Old May 29, 2007, 5:42 pm

1.5 per $

Is the 1.5 mile/$ offer even available anymore? Maybe I should just cancel and reapply.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 3:42 pm

Yes, the 1.5 is available and also 2 years fee waived. My boyfriend has this card and the annual companion certificate has saved us a lot. There are 3 of us and it works out great.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 4:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MaryAnnKacz
...I am assuming if we book a cruise thru US Air and the cost is $1500, we get the 3000 bonus points (for a 6 to 9 day cruise) from US Air and 3000 from the credit card for a total of 6000.
If this is important you should seek written clarification. The credit card terms and conditions say...

e) For the US Airways Dividend Miles $79 Annual Fee Premier World MasterCard , US Airways will award one mile for every one dollar ($1.00) of Net Purchases made with your Account, and an additional one mile (for a total of two miles) will be awarded for every one dollar ($1.00) of US Airways goods and services purchased directly from US Airways, rounded to the nearest dollar, including any eligible fare ticket for flights completed by US Airways, the US Airways Express® carriers, US Airways Shuttle® and US Airways Vacations®, rounded to the nearest dollar.https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/l...req=CCMWC11545

The US Airways Cruises FAQ states...

If confirming a cruise package, your credit card will be charged by us for the $19.95 Processing Fee and for the Berkley Insurance if you have chosen this. It may take a few days for this charge to post to your account, however, the payment amount will immediately be authorized. The remaining deposit, or full payment depending on your reservation, is charged by the cruise line http://www.usairwayscruises.com/cs/f...p?categoryid=5

I read this to mean that the cruise fare transaction will not appear as a charge from US Airways and will not be eligible for double credit card miles, only for the bonus offered on the website which is not tied to any specific method of payment.

Last edited by mia; Jun 3, 2007 at 7:51 pm
Old Jun 4, 2007, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
I had a hard time finding the offer on the us air website for the 1.5 dollars and 2 years waived but did have it saved so I am going to try to post it here. Hope I post this link correctly. I, too, enjoyed one year at 1.5 dollars and now am earning just 1 mile per dollar spent. I still like my Juniper mastercard very much. Here is the link.

https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/l...&obchannel=005
Old Jun 4, 2007, 5:17 pm

You may be correct about the cruises and double points. Called Juniper, they said I had to call US Air Dividend miles to find out. Juniper didn't know! I just discovered another thing US Air recently changed today. Now when you book cruises through them, you only get 1 mile for each dollar spent. I just booked a cruise 3 days ago. I got 3000 miles for a 7 day cruise that cost $1400, you get anywhere from 1500 to 10000 miles depending on length of cruise, not price. At least you did. She said this is a permanent change. I still get the 3000 because I booked before the change. But I will now get about 1/2 of the miles I did on cruises. I guess the only really good thing about the US Air card is the companion airfare, until they take that away. It is just getting harder and harder to accumulate and use FF miles. Delta has no 25,000 flights anymore. US Air has flights, but their card doesn't offer as many bonus opportunities as Am Exp Delta card. You just can't win.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Update: Talked to several Juniper reps. All different stories. One told me I would get a letter in the mail in a few weeks after the annual fee posts saying whether or not I was eligible for extending the 1.5mi/$1 rate (Sure, I'll believe that ).

Another woman told me that US Air must approve all changes of the mileage per dollar spent rate and I need to contact their general customer service 800 number (yeah, okay ).

Another person was very polite and quite frankly looked all over my account and stated that there are absolutely no promos available for them to add to my account, nor any way that they could even touch that. She said in all her time at the company she had never seen a promo extended, or even mileage perks offered to retain customers.

Spoke to another nice rep who suggested canceling my current card and reapplying as that would be the only way I'd ever get the bonus from the company in the future (+5 for honesty, there!).

Anyway, I wrote a polite letter to the e-mail address for corporate explaining my situation and stated I was simply requesting an extension of the 1.5:$1 promo, and they could even remove all of the other benefits. I pointed out my extensive foreign travel which brings in tons of 3% fees for them, perfect payment history and credit, annual spending, etc.

I received back within 36 hours a terse 1 line email stating "We cannot extend any promotion for your account."

I am in the process of getting the old BofA US Air Visa again. At least this way if I am going to get 1:1 I might as well get 20k in mileage for signing up. In addition, when they lose the US Air contract in a few months I will be able to get a new account with juniper.

Honestly, no other credit card company has ever been this inflexible with me in my life. It appears they do not even have a "retention" department to try to keep customers. At least most of the reps were relatively apologetic about the whole affair.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by AgtMulder
I am in the process of getting the old BofA US Air Visa again. At least this way if I am going to get 1:1 I might as well get 20k in mileage for signing up. In addition, when they lose the US Air contract in a few months I will be able to get a new account with juniper.
So you're saying that the BofA US Airways card will be discontinued in a couple of months? That sucks! What's the source of this info?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.