Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Signature Visa vs Premier Signature Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BofA Signature Visa vs Premier Signature Visa

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2007, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
my banker told me 200...but I think that this card is going to be a JOKE !!!!!

but Premier has really impressed me...did my purchase analysis and they are waiving all closing costs and bank fees....

so basically I pay them the downpayment and interest fees for 15 days....

and it is so much easier....
Old May 20, 2007, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anaggie
looks like I will skip the offer as I already a VISA SIG with Worldpoints that gives me a mx of 90k points per yr...wow !!!!!! m A first class ticket costs 425k which means I will have to save for 5 yrs before I get a ticket...IDIOTS at BofA

With Chairman, I earned 120k in 3 months.....
You make me laugh :-)

Yeah I have the same feeling when I read BofA worldpt program that they keep sending me, wanting me to sign up for the card.

What I dont understand is, my Schwab Visa also is part of the worldpoint program, but the cash payout ratio with Schwab Visa is 100:1, i.e. 2500 pt = $25, but with BofA worldpoint, it is 200:1, i.e. 5000 pt = $25 - who would want the BofA card?!

I am sad to see the Schwab Visa started charging 3% foreign transaction fee. So now I may have to use the Wachovia card for foreign transaction. Wachovia was a member of worldpoint but now they have their own reward program. Have to look into more details of that before next out of country trip.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:52 am

I dont understand why people keep posting asking for info and list of the benfits for the new Acolade card from BOA when I posted both reward and benfits page from this card on 5-14 in this very thread.

How people can make up numbers for the annual fee is a joke as it posted on the web page I posted.

Annual fee is $295 a year. Annual fee is waived for all premiere acccounts who have $100K+ in deposit/brokerage balances. Then there is a min $30K spending required to unluck some of the benfits kinda of like Merill ++ program. Thoses extra benfits can be unlocked without hitting the spending requirements if you have $250K+ in deposit/brokerage balances.

All this info is found under FAQ section of the offical Acolade page I posted. Or is just too hard for people to click on links and read info so instead they going to ask to have all the information spoonfeed to them or just spread misinformation.
Old May 22, 2007, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Premier personal banker came to my office today and bought along the investment girl with him....showed me the Accolades card...nothing great...seems to be a cheaper version of the Chairman MC....

Unlimited PP visits but guest are $25 each,....she really did not know too much about the benefits...but according to them, the card is free to all Premier Bank Customers....again, they are going to know soon about the benefits and I will get an email from them.....

dolmar; what is the min to get to privateBank?
Old May 23, 2007, 12:22 am

I have commerical real estate loans that satisfy my balance requirement with both BOA and Citi. The loans are for over $50 million with each bank.

Both Citi and BOA claim to require min of $5 min investable dollars or commerical loans for $10 million +.

Btw commerical loans on real estate is for stuff like Shopping centers, industrial parks, apartment building etc. They dont consider loans on houses towards the balance requirements.
Old May 23, 2007, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dolmar
I have commerical real estate loans that satisfy my balance requirement with both BOA and Citi. The loans are for over $50 million with each bank.

Both Citi and BOA claim to require min of $5 min investable dollars or commerical loans for $10 million +.

Btw commerical loans on real estate is for stuff like Shopping centers, industrial parks, apartment building etc. They dont consider loans on houses towards the balance requirements.
I though it was 1mm in the bank, but now they are saying 3mm.....

I figured house loans would not qualify.....
Old May 29, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Originally Posted by dolmar
I dont understand why people keep posting asking for info and list of the benfits for the new Acolade card from BOA when I posted both reward and benfits page from this card on 5-14 in this very thread.

How people can make up numbers for the annual fee is a joke as it posted on the web page I posted.

Annual fee is $295 a year. Annual fee is waived for all premiere acccounts who have $100K+ in deposit/brokerage balances. Then there is a min $30K spending required to unluck some of the benfits kinda of like Merill ++ program. Thoses extra benfits can be unlocked without hitting the spending requirements if you have $250K+ in deposit/brokerage balances.

All this info is found under FAQ section of the offical Acolade page I posted. Or is just too hard for people to click on links and read info so instead they going to ask to have all the information spoonfeed to them or just spread misinformation.
Maybe because your link doesn't give the details just a sign in page. Who would have thought............
Old May 29, 2007, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mikey110890
Maybe because your link doesn't give the details just a sign in page. Who would have thought............
Who would have thought of clicking links that say on FAQ or Accounts Benfits on the upper Right hand side of the page if they did not have an account? I dont know was pretty apparent to me. Maybe I just a little more observant I guess and did not focus just on Login and password links on that page.
Old May 29, 2007, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

well..from the looks of things...this is one WEAK A** card !!!!!

I will wait for V2 on the chairman...if that is wek, then I am sticking with V1....
Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Another great benefit of being Premier Bank:

For my house loan, no paperwork required if I am at a 700+ FICO core when I need to fill the paperwork.

This is just so much easier and better. They really do undersatnd that the clients time is important and consider that when they offer their services or maybe since I live in ELP and there are not too many clients with 100k+ in their accts....

So, treat the ones that have the money like gold !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.