Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Signature Visa vs Premier Signature Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2007, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT

What is the differnce? Other than the annual fee, of course. I would like to hear from personal experience, not an attachment to the BofA website.....

Is it worth the extra $60/yr or should I just stick with the regular BofA Signature Visa?

BofA keeps asking me to become a Premier client, but I do not see the advantage....I am happy with my personal banker at the branch.

Is their an advantage to the Visa? Will being a Premier client waive the fee?
Old May 2, 2007, 4:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Relevant discussion in American Express section...

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688779
Old May 2, 2007, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Relevant discussion in American Express section...

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688779
no info...just read it....basically talking about an AMEX....I just want to know what the difference is form a personal experience perspective.....

or is the $60/yr just for better service?
Old May 2, 2007, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you have $100K with BOA moving to premier means less fees and better interest rates, among other things.. just tell them you want to deal primarily with your current rep. should be fine whenever youre not dealing with products that are premier-only.
Old May 2, 2007, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
if you have $100K with BOA moving to premier means less fees and better interest rates, among other things.. just tell them you want to deal primarily with your current rep. should be fine whenever youre not dealing with products that are premier-only.
I have discussed this with him...I just want inside info on the reg sig visa vs premier sig visa.....if anyone has used the products before, what is the difference? what better benefit would I get?

why is it $60 more per yr?
Old May 3, 2007, 9:57 pm

I had a coupel people telling me not to go BOA World Point Signature....I am going to go Citi HHonors Signature since I love Hilton....we'll see how that works out.
Old May 4, 2007, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyHooks
I had a coupel people telling me not to go BOA World Point Signature....I am going to go Citi HHonors Signature since I love Hilton....we'll see how that works out.
I have too many CITI -- need another bank in case anything ever happens to CITI network.....

or they freeze my acct....
Old May 4, 2007, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman
Originally Posted by JohnnyHooks
FYI...The Hilton HHonors AMEX is much better than the Hilton Visa Signature.
Old May 6, 2007, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

well, I got the Premier Signature Visa in....will talk to my premier banking rep tomorrow and see what the hell difference in and post back...
Old May 7, 2007, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

So, I talked to my banker today and here is what is going on:

1) There does not seem to be any difference in benefits between the SIG VISA and the Premier SIG VISA. I do not know about the PRIVATE BANK SIG VISA. m Seems to be better service as I email my personal banker and he takes care of all issues with the card which is better than dealing with CSR's.

2) I will get the $30 annual fee waived by being Premier. All SIG VISA benefits are included and I get Worldpoints....WOOO !!!!

3) I got offered the BofA Black AMEX Accolades Card. Details will be given next week.

4) Also, I guess all that churning cards did not really hurt my credit score as I applied for the card in April. Got approved and they gave me a 25k limit.

So, will post all the details next week about what is offered and what fees.
Old May 13, 2007, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

My experience with Premier Banking has been a good one so far...

1) They waived the fee on the visa signature

2) Gave me a preapproval letter for 500k to give to my builder without pulling my credit or anything...the guy just typed it up for me and delivered it to my builder. All he wanted was to meet the builder and see the plans....

If this is how easy it is, then it is going to get even easier....
Old May 13, 2007, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by anaggie
So, I talked to my banker today and here is what is going on:

3) I got offered the BofA Black AMEX Accolades Card. Details will be given next week.

So, will post all the details next week about what is offered and what fees.
assume it was not a firm offer as you would have to know the formal program
Was it more a vaugeselling point?, Mr. Anaggie , we have such a great upsclae card to compete with AX Black , and frm wehat you tell me , I think you will like it as well as be eligable because you are a valued client.

Could you pry your banker and share the inside skinny if poosble,

Old May 14, 2007, 1:31 am

Web Page for BOA AMEX Accolades Card benefits program.

http://www.preferredoffers.com/cfmod...r.cfm?obj=Home

Web page for BOA AMEX Accolades Card rewards program.

https://wwwn.managerewardsonline.com...y?pid=gwmaxrwd

Card seems pretty worthless as it uses worldpoints which in my opion is by far the worst reward program of any credit cards program. Only nice benefit about the card is if you spend $30K a year or have $200K in deposits/investments with BOA you get a free basic Priority Pass memebership which charges you only $9.95 per person each time you enter a club. Besides that everything on PLT Amex is better.

Also this card is nothing special they going to waive the annual fee for every premier and private bank customers. So dont think it going to be an exclusive card like Amex Centurion Card.

Also I find it funny that everyone thinks this is going to be an elite card just because it a black amex. Even BOA does not claim this is a black card nor do they claim it is elite. All Premiere customers will get an invite for this card starting June 1 2007.
Old May 14, 2007, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

looks like I will skip the offer as I already a VISA SIG with Worldpoints that gives me a mx of 90k points per yr...wow !!!!!! m A first class ticket costs 425k which means I will have to save for 5 yrs before I get a ticket...IDIOTS at BofA

With Chairman, I earned 120k in 3 months.....
Old May 15, 2007, 6:01 pm

Got the offer (verbally) and was told the annual fee would be $400 but it would be waived. Heard from BAIS (Bank of America Investment Services) that it had a lot of bells and whistles. Any bells? Any whistles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.