Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points/Miles for Balance Transfers?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Points/Miles for Balance Transfers?

My girlfriend's brother just asked me if there's anyway to get AAdvantage miles for balance transfers. Do you know if there are any cards or programs where he could either transfer the balance and get miles or get points that he can later convert to AAdvantage miles?

Thanks, Dave
Old Dec 24, 2004, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
As far as I'm aware, the answer is no. Citibank's AAdvantage MasterCard only gives miles for purchases. Even if they did offer miles on balance transfers, the interest rate would likely be higher than it would on other, non-mileage-earning cards. Tell your girlfriend's brother to look for a 0%-for-12-months balance transfer offer. If he can't pay off the entire debt within that 12 months, he can just apply for another 0% card and keep working the system. Never any need to pay the greedy credit card companies more than they deserve (i.e. interest)!
Old Dec 24, 2004, 7:58 pm

First USA is the only credit card issuer known to me that will give miles for balance transfers, and its 1mile for every 2$.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:44 am

Juniper issues credit cards for Frontier and SouthWest. Both offer miles for BT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.