Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:38 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
i just made level 2 and do they still send out the 1 night ritz cert?

3x
Old Sep 29, 2005, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by ls
i just made level 2 and do they still send out the 1 night ritz cert?

3x
You need to call up ML and order the cert. I would wait as long as possible before ordering the cert to get the better expiration date.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 7:29 pm

I too just made +3 last month. Can anyone please help explain the expiration date situation? I do not look to use these Ritz Carlton certificates any time soon, so should I wait till next year to get them to send these certificates? What is the chance that they'll change the program to another hotel chain next year?

Can anyone also share their experience in redeeming these certificates for the Lake Las Vegas and NYC locations?

Thank you very much! Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by StarwoodRules; Sep 29, 2005 at 8:10 pm
Old Sep 30, 2005, 5:19 am

Programs: spg plat, delta,cont. gold
[QUOTE=StarwoodRules]I too just made +3 last month. Can anyone please help explain the expiration date situation? I do not look to use these Ritz Carlton certificates any time soon, so should I wait till next year to get them to send these certificates? What is the chance that they'll change the program to another hotel chain next year?

As of last month, all certificates requested will have the 6/30/06 expiration date. This would be for awards earned in 2004 or this year. Recently, I ordered my wife's certificates for her +3 level earned last year and they arrived in about a week.

I would suggest that unless you are traveling and have your reservations , I wouldn't order your +2 or +3 award certificates for 2005. I will expect that Merrill might purchase certificates with a longer expiration date, especially for cardholders who order them next year.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 5:23 am

Merrill + availability

FYI:
I was able to book Palm Beach for three free nights in March using my certificates .

The rate was arround $ 500.00 when I asked initially. Not a bad deal. However you have to work find availability.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by StarwoodRules
I too just made +3 last month. Can anyone please help explain the expiration date situation? I do not look to use these Ritz Carlton certificates any time soon, so should I wait till next year to get them to send these certificates? What is the chance that they'll change the program to another hotel chain next year?

Can anyone also share their experience in redeeming these certificates for the Lake Las Vegas and NYC locations?

Thank you very much! Any help is appreciated.

Was able to get 3 rooms for 2 nights each at SF Ritz for Dec.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
Are you positive? Benefits are calendar based: I would think you lose your certificates if you don't order them by Dec 31. I'm hopefully mistaken...
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_in_pa
Are you positive? Benefits are calendar based: I would think you lose your certificates if you don't order them by Dec 31. I'm hopefully mistaken...
Can anyone please clarify on this very critical point? Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_in_pa
Yes you are.......... not to worry though; if you reach +3 this year , it is not necessary or even required that you order the certificates in the same year that you reach the +3 level. You will have +3 status for the remainder of the year plus the following year as well.

Depending on when you request you certificates for free nights , this will determine the expiration date. Currently all certificates have a 6/30/06 date.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by EQ4803
I spoke to a Merrill+ rep today and he informed me the the Ritz program and rewards would be discontinued this year. All certificates requested will expire 6/30/06. This includes certificates for awards earned in 2004.

At least Merrill didn't abandon it's cardholders. We have an additional 6 months.

He stated that Ritz had increased it's fees & costs for the certificates that it sells to Merrill.

The free night program will be replaced with another hotel group. They will announce the hotel later in the year. The rep. mentioned several companies, he first spoke of Sheraton, Westin and then Four Seasons.

Let's hope for the latter.
Just had a conversation with ML csr and she repeated that Ritz and ML's relationship is ending this year.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by sbc94523
Just had a conversation with ML csr and she repeated that Ritz and ML's relationship is ending this year.
Very unfortunate. Has there been any announcement of what the program the Ritz will be replaced with? I'm hoping it is a chain with more locations, as the Ritz program was very limited.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 2:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I hope Merrill's managers understand that because their benefit levels are determined by calendar year spend it is essential to have the details for 2006 finalized and published well before the end of 2005. They really should not be tampering with it in the Spring.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mia
I hope Merrill's managers understand that because their benefit levels are determined by calendar year spend it is essential to have the details for 2006 finalized and published well before the end of 2005. They really should not be tampering with it in the Spring.
Since the Merrill+ Card is issued by MBNA, who is now being acquired by Bank of America, any changes may not be publicized until after the transaction has been finalized.

My question is: Does Merrill manage all the benefits of the card and MBNA just services it, or is it under some other different agreement?
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Some info I just got from ML+ Rewards today on the phone:

1. Evidently Ritz-Carlton is history as reported by others! ML+ will not be offering vouchers as part of the program. (Too bad since I just got back from 4 nights at the Ritz-Carton in Laguna Niguel and it was great!! Even got upgraded to the Club floor.)

2. According to the representative, they are going with the Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) for 2006. She mentioned that they have 400+ properties so there will be more choices for cardmembers. Details are not yet worked out but she mentioned different things like discounts, free breakfast, free nights, Leader Club Memberships, etc. Will be waiting to see how this works. Could be very interesting considering that some really nice properties like the Setai, Hotel Bel-Air, Fifteen Beacon and Halekulani (just to name a few US properties) are part of LHW. Can't however imagine that the program would award 4 free nights at these properties for spending $50k but you never know.

Evidently the new 2006 benefits will be listed on the web site on Oct. 21.

Last edited by christianj; Oct 12, 2005 at 9:12 am
Old Oct 11, 2005, 3:27 pm
DH

Slightly off the subject but there is $75 Best Buy GC sign up bonus -
https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCC...0001UIS&pid=lf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.