Wiki Posts
Search

MBNA World Points Credit Card - Earn EQM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2004, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver
MBNA World Points Credit Card - Earn EQM

Not sure if this has been posted before. It was a nice surprise for my wife and I.

The MBNA World Points Credit Card si like all the others. You earn one point for every dollar spent. They can even be applied to air travel. The MAJOR difference is that the point are not transferred to FF programs for award travel like most other card programs.

The MBNA WP program converts your miles to cash and purchases your ticket via a travel agent. No blackouts, earn elite qualifying miles and get upgrades!!!! Most tix are 25k points tp purchase. However, whenever the fare rises above something like $400, you end up paying the difference.

Happy travelling!

https://wwwa.mbnaworldpoints.com/

Last edited by staze; Sep 28, 2004 at 9:48 am Reason: Inserted link
Old Oct 2, 2004, 5:32 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 2P, SPG Aambassador, Marriot Silver, Hertz Gold
I'd like to hear more about this card from experienced cardholders. I currently have a United MP Visa card and wonder if this would be a better option.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
This kind of card has been discussed ad infinitum in many threads. Bottom line is that it can work well if most of your travel is in economy on cheap advance purchase tickets. Major drawbacks are (a) you can't get high-value awards, such as upgrades or international F/J travel, since the card company has to pay the airline real $$ instead of just taking a seat out of its own inventory as an airline would; and (b) you have to earn all your points from the card since they can't be combined with miles from flying, hotel stays, or other airline promos.

If you expect to charge $25,000 or more to it within a reasonable time period and a rebate of $400 (that's what it really is, since you could otherwise put the $400 toward a ticket yourself) in exchange for that amount of charging makes sense for you, go for it. It's not a scam.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 9:50 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 2P, SPG Aambassador, Marriot Silver, Hertz Gold
Efrem: Thanks for the info - that's all I need to know I save my miles for International First and Business trips so I'll keep my MP Visa.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 7:16 pm
Original Member

I have a list of cautions on these types of cards on the Bank and Other Travel Cards page of the Credit Card section of my website, Free Frequent Flyer Miles
Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:55 am

Mbna World Points

Originally Posted by currumbin
I'd like to hear more about this card from experienced cardholders. I currently have a United MP Visa card and wonder if this would be a better option.
I used to utilize FFY miles with American to fly enach year to the Dominican Republic but gave up an went to MBNA World points. Problem with old fashion FFY miles with airlines is that free seats are very limited. With world points visa card you can pick the flight you want with out any worry. Eample from here to Don Rep with American round tril for 2 takes 60,000 miles, but seats are very limited. With world points it take 70,000 miles but I get a reward worth if to $600 per person and all flights only cost about $575.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by staze
Not sure if this has been posted before. It was a nice surprise for my wife and I.

The MBNA World Points Credit Card si like all the others. You earn one point for every dollar spent. They can even be applied to air travel. The MAJOR difference is that the point are not transferred to FF programs for award travel like most other card programs.

The MBNA WP program converts your miles to cash and purchases your ticket via a travel agent. No blackouts, earn elite qualifying miles and get upgrades!!!! Most tix are 25k points tp purchase. However, whenever the fare rises above something like $400, you end up paying the difference.

Happy travelling!

https://wwwa.mbnaworldpoints.com/
Tickets have to be redeemed 21 days in advance.

You do not pick the airline, they do (they pick the cheapest flight). You can choose the airline, but will have to pay the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.