Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Air Business VISA - Primary Car Rental coverage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Air Business VISA - Primary Car Rental coverage?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Elite 100K, United Silver, Southwest A-List & Companion Pass
Talking Alaska Air Business VISA - Primary Car Rental coverage?

I was told by two different reps that the Alaska Air Business VISA offers primary insurance coverage on car rentals. So for that reason I signed up. Before this, Diners Club was the only card I was aware of that offered this perk.

Can anyone conform this for me? I can't seem to find it in any documentaion I have received -- only have the word of two reps.

Last edited by socal77; Oct 15, 2004 at 8:40 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:57 pm

The benefit really has nothing to do with Alaska or BofA -- it's a benefit common to all the US Visa Business card products:

http://www.usa.visa.com/business/car...to_rental.html

Visa Business Auto Rental CDW Program reimburses you for the repair or replacement of covered losses to a rental vehicle while it is your responsibility and while it is being used for business purposes. Only covered vehicle rental periods that neither exceed nor are intended to exceed thirty-one (31) consecutive days are covered.

This program is primary and provides coverage up to the actual cash value of the vehicle as it was originally manufactured. However, if the rental is for personal reasons, this coverage is secondary to any valid and collectible insurance from any other source.

This benefit handles CDW only and not liability. And I've heard that if you don't have liability coverage through your business and are only covered under your personal policy then the carrier can claim the rental is for personal reasons. And since the rental is for personal reasons, Visa's carrier claims they are secondary and it's up to your personal insurance to pay first.

Unlike Visa Business, Diners Club's primary coverage is not restricted to business use.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:00 pm
dlf

Programs: AA Plat 3MM, DL PLT, Mrt Plat, IC Amb Gld. Hil Gld,Hy Gld, AS MVP Gld
Have used DC extensively internationally and domestically just because of the primary position feature. Have also had some employees use our V and MC biz cards and have sustained a couple of incidents where I wished they had all been carrying a DC card. If you want ALL PRIMARY, ALL THE TIME, stick with DC.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:55 pm

Thanks for all the details in this thread.

Originally Posted by dlf
If you want ALL PRIMARY, ALL THE TIME, stick with DC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.