Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

British credit card that earns air miles for £ spent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2002, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Has anyone ever come across a credit card that uses British pounds as a base currency that allows you to rack up air miles for purchases in Britain?

My British husband and I travel to the UK frequently, charging our purchases on his British credit cards that offer NO AIR MILES. We don't want to use an American credit card that has a base currency of dollars, as that would incur high currency exchange fees. We would prefer to use a British credit card that will allow us to earn miles for £ charged.

We've heard that Barclays offers such a card, but can get no information from Barclays or British Airways that confirms this. Both organizations say they've never heard of such a thing!

If anyone can offer help, we'd appreciate it.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 1:29 pm

try this.
http://www.natwest.com/scripts/frame...s/airmiles.htm
Old Nov 28, 2002, 11:57 am

Go for the BA AMEX card, which gives BA Miles on every pound spent - including on overseas purchases.

Alternatively, go for a Natwest card, which generally offers 1 Air Mile for every £20 (they also have a Black card, which gives 1 mile for every £15 spend).

In my opinion, the BA AMEX card is the best bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.