Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Nearly free Northwest Lounge Access + 5000 QANTAS points for Australians

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2001, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.

I have referal kits for Citibank Credit Cards (Australia) which include the following benefits;

50,000 bonus rewards points (redeemable for 5000 Qantas points) points do not expire and $1AUD=10 citibank rewards = 1 Qantas point {Silver & Gold Cards}

+

Free access to all North West domestic US lounges (and Hong Kong, Bangkok, Manila, Seoul and Taipei) for you and a companion. There is NO requirement to be flying Northwest (or in fact ANY airline) to access the lounge. {Gold card only presented with Current Australian Drivers Licence}*

+

Earn 10 citibank points (1 Qantas point) for each dollar transferred from another credit card ($500 minimum) (20 citibank / 2 Qantas if you close the other account.

If you are an Australian resident w/drivers licence, earn over $20k (for silver) or $45k (for gold) then please email me your mailing details and I will send out the referal form {bonus points only available through referal form}.

Andrew ([email protected])

* I would recommend that you carry the rules when dealing with North West though...

------------------
Do I get frequent-flier miles for the walk between gates?

[This message has been edited by ANDREWCX (edited 03-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ANDREWCX (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old Mar 15, 2001, 4:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
What's the joining and/or annual fee on the Citibank card?
Old Mar 15, 2001, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

No application fee.

Annual fees: Silver $30AUD, Gold $90AUD.
Old Mar 16, 2001, 1:50 am

As someone who pays about 10 times this for yearly access, I feel ripped off. On the other hand, their thought must be "how many times will we have to pay NW for this anyway?"

Ah well, the glamorous life in the air.
Old Mar 16, 2001, 8:30 am

Andrew, is there any form of limit on the initial 5000 points? ie. do you have to wait x months or do you get them up front?

Adam
Old Mar 16, 2001, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by adenda:
Andrew, is there any form of limit on the initial 5000 points? ie. do you have to wait x months or do you get them up front?

Adam
No, the statement is;

"You will instantly earn 50,000 Rewards points - just for becoming a citibank cardholder. Which means you can redeem from the Citibank Rewards Programme immediately."
Old Mar 18, 2001, 4:15 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
Originally posted by ANDREWCX:
No application fee.

Annual fees: Silver $30AUD, Gold $90AUD.

The Silver card has a maximum limit of A$7,500. If you want a higher credit limit you need to get a Gold card.

------------------
- Gary -
Old Mar 18, 2001, 10:42 pm

Really?

Try that... if you have a limit of $7500 and want to increase... the credit department will be more than glad to do that assuming you have a good credit history.

Most salepeople will tell you that you need to have a gold card to enjoy high limit but you don't! They just want your annual fee.

I have a regular card, staring with $2000 limit few years ago. Now I have $10,000 limit on it... they ask me if I want to "upgrade" to Gold as I qualify for it. I said NO and they never force me to switch. If they do, I will change company... it's that simple.
Old Mar 28, 2001, 1:13 am
Original Poster

I now have more referal forms available for those who are still interested.

FURTHER INFO: You also earn points for balance transfers (1 QANTAS PT (10 citibank pts) per dollar or 2 (20 citi) if you close the other account and these points are eligable for QANTAS' bonus points for conversions in the next few months as part of the new Frequent Flyer changes.

------------------
Daturne praemium plurima milia passuum volandi mihi tantum spatium gresso inter portas? (Do I get frequent-flier miles for the walk between gates? - everything sounds better in Latin)
Old Jul 22, 2001, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Just bringing this forward again. I still have referal forms and can really recommend this card (especially the ability to earn points from CC transfers - its basically Credit Card double dipping!).
Old Apr 28, 2002, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Citibank has just changed the points system; $1 = 1 point = 1 QF mile so it works out the same. It seems (according to the info sent) it was too hard for people to work out the previous 10:1 conversion rate from points to QF miles.....
Old Nov 20, 2002, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If you are an Australian resident w/drivers licence . . .</font>
How hard is it to get an Australian Drivers Licence, assuming one is familiar with right hand drive from England, Japan, or elsewhere? In other words, substantively, procedurally, what does it entail?

I wonder how long one would need to "reside" there to be eligible.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
How hard is it to get an Australian Drivers Licence, assuming one is familiar with right hand drive from England, Japan, or elsewhere? In other words, substantively, procedurally, what does it entail?

I wonder how long one would need to "reside" there to be eligible.</font>
It would depend a bit on what state you did it in. You'd probably have to do the usual written and road tests.

I suspect the residence requirements would be harder. Resident is not defined by time, just by whether you live (ie. rent or own a property or at least have bills in your name at such a property) here. However, as a driver's licence is a major form of ID itself, you require multiple forms of proof of identity to get one. You also have to prove residence. eg. In Victoria, this requires:

* a primary or secondary proof document that shows the applicant's current address, or
* a Contract of Sale, lease, or rental document showing the applicant's current address, or
* a current certificate of registration or a current renewal notice for registration or licence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.