Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Miles & More Masterscard by Barclays: no annual fee version

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

I remember a telephone rep from Barclays told me I can downgrade LH Miles and More card to a no-annual fee version when I called in to inquire about waiving annual fee (after fee was posted).... that was few years ago. The no-annual fee card has less benefit of course.... I am wondering if the no-annual version of LH Miles-and-more card still exists? Because I don't see it advertised of mentioned anywhere. if it's still available for downgrade, would that keep M&M miles from expiring?
Old May 10, 2024, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I remember a telephone rep from Barclays told me I can downgrade LH Miles and More card to a no-annual fee version when I called in to inquire about waiving annual fee (after fee was posted).... that was few years ago. The no-annual fee card has less benefit of course.... I am wondering if the no-annual version of LH Miles-and-more card still exists? Because I don't see it advertised of mentioned anywhere. if it's still available for downgrade, would that keep M&M miles from expiring?
Time for a phone call to Barclays. Hope the no-fee card still exists.
Old May 11, 2024, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Even if it does exist, if they are handling it like the AA Aviator card, Barclays may or may to allow you to downgrade. I was only offered the option to close my account while others were given a downgrade option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.