Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Click HERE to read the previous thread,
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Are we sure the terms haven't changed recently, because current t&c seems to indicate lifetime language (and nothing about 24 months):

"Any bonus associated with this offer may only be earned once. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program."
Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Are we sure the terms haven't changed recently, because current t&c seems to indicate lifetime language (and nothing about 24 months):

"Any bonus associated with this offer may only be earned once. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program."
It comes down to this: If Barclays approves you, you'll get the bonus. The "may" has always been there and the 24 months has always been a soft rule.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I closed the previous thread, but I did not copy the Wikipost which primarily duplicated information from Barclays terms. Please use the Alert icon in the lower left corner of this post if you can volunteer to clean up the Wikipost, and we will copy the previous text into this thread's Wikipost.

Last edited by mia; Jan 3, 2024 at 2:22 pm
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by njdealguy

If you are looking for a recent data point:

- closed Aviator Red in March 2020

- applied and received Aviator Red in Nov 2023 (60k+15k for AU offer)

(now, I haven’t had the SUB for the primary card holder post yet since I haven’t paid the AF yet, but I have received the AU bonus, 15k, and the tracker shows that I met the spend requirement. My first payment is due 1/9/2024, so I expect the bonus soon)
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
If you are looking for a recent data point:

- closed Aviator Red in March 2020

- applied and received Aviator Red in Nov 2023 (60k+15k for AU offer)

(now, I haven’t had the SUB for the primary card holder post yet since I haven’t paid the AF yet, but I have received the AU bonus, 15k, and the tracker shows that I met the spend requirement. My first payment is due 1/9/2024, so I expect the bonus soon)
Thanks pulled the trigger for both myself and wife when we both had this card closed in 2021. Hopefully it comes or in worst case a gamble for AF * 2!
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Can you still apply for this if you already have one of these open?
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Can you still apply for this if you already have one of these open?
Please scroll back to read the first two posts of this thread which ask and answer the same question.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 2:16 pm

when does the post? My first statement closed and no annual fee? I don't need the bonus miles anytime soon, but the delay is a tad annoying.

FWIW, both wife and I were approved for this card after cancelling in 7/22 - SUB was earned around 9/21.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Scotttyd
when does the post? My first statement closed and no annual fee? I don't need the bonus miles anytime soon, but the delay is a tad annoying.
My annual fee posted three days after I opened the card. The bonus for meeting the minimum spend (one transaction) didn’t post with the first statement as the actual requirement is to make a purchase and pay the annual fee. It posted with the second statement instead (since the payment for items on the first statement has by then cleared). The bonus for adding an AU and (15k in my case) posted after the first statement closed.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 5:29 am

Another question - apparently I didn't use the link that gives you 15k AA points for adding an authorized user. I called Barclay's - and they told me to call American and they can add the promotion to the card or give you a promotion number. Has anyone done this or had success doing this?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:08 am

i have the biz version of this card opened 10 months ago. Am I not eligible for bonus offer on this card ? the terms says something like if you have a card in this program, you are not eligible etc.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Blueheaven
i have the biz version of this card opened 10 months ago. Am I not eligible for bonus offer on this card ? the terms says something like if you have a card in this program, you are not eligible etc.
Business and Personal cards are separated. So you can get two SUB, one from personal, one from business.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
Business and Personal cards are separated. So you can get two SUB, one from personal, one from business.
but American Airlines acts as the boss and acts as the enforcer of card rule and have acted tough against those that applied and got bonuses saying you are doing this to abuse the system or blah blah . Many reports of that .
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Blueheaven
but American Airlines acts as the boss and acts as the enforcer of card rule and have acted tough against those that applied and got bonuses saying you are doing this to abuse the system or blah blah . Many reports of that .
I've had both cards, twice, and earned the bonus each time with no issues. Applying, being approved and receiving the SUB is not "abusing the system". Barclays has that wording in there to cover them in case they need it.

What you're referring to is people who used targeted offers addressed to others or opening new AAdvantage accounts to get around the restrictions on those offers.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I've had both cards, twice, and earned the bonus each time with no issues. Applying, being approved and receiving the SUB is not "abusing the system". Barclays has that wording in there to cover them in case they need it.

What you're referring to is people who used targeted offers addressed to others or opening new AAdvantage accounts to get around the restrictions on those offers.
I know that part but I am only talking about those who applied and got bonuses on Barclays and citi AA cards in one year period or in short time and AA shut down saying you are doing this for bonus only blah blah. Also the term on this says bonus not available if you got bonus in this program referring to advantage program right? Read the first post above about the terms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.