Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Rotating, downgrading, upgrading, acquiring signup bonuses and avoiding annual fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rotating, downgrading, upgrading, acquiring signup bonuses and avoiding annual fees

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CSP

I have read a lot of useful information here in my quest to become a better traveler. I've also checked various pages like The Points Guy, Extra Pack of Peanuts and Zero to Travel, etc. Despite all of this reading and digesting the information I am still unclear how it all works. It seems some of these bloggers give the impression that they can just sign up for new cards and get these generous signup bonuses ad infinitum. Is that actually how it works? Or are they just trying to get people to sign up for more cards through their blog site to get referrals? Is there really some ~48 month cycle that allows people to get a new card every 4-5 months (for example Chase, then Capital One, then Amex, etc.), make the minimum spend, transfer points, downgrade or cancel before the annual fee, wait 24 months after each card cancellation or downgrade and repeat to get the bonus points again? Does anyone have any experience with this aspect of the Card/Points/Travel game? If so, how did you do it? Would you have done anything differently with the knowledge you now have? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.