Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card from Bank of America: Unlimited Cash Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card from Bank of America: Unlimited Cash Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by ovacikar
You don't have to use TR for all dining, only to redeem your points. It's a great card I use for non category and international spending. Even overseas dining transactions show up in points redemption now.
I wouldn't mind doing a PC from my Travel card to this card. Only problem is this card has international fees although I've seen others getting email offers to PC their TR card to this card and still waive the foreign fees.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ovacikar
You don't have to use TR for all dining, only to redeem your points. It's a great card I use for non category and international spending. Even overseas dining transactions show up in points redemption now.
Definitely don't have to put all dining or travel on TR to redeem, I get that. I had $3,150 to redeem on there last year. Which meant I had to put $3,125 of either dining or travel on the card to redeem that. Which basically cost me $82 ish as I could have earned $165 if I put that $3,125 on a BOA CR card but instead only got $82 for it on TR. So the new Unlimited Cash Back card would be golden.

Not saying it isn't a great card, it is. But this new option would be better for me personally. When I travel internationally I rarely use my BOA cards.

I hope to see that product change offer. Or I may call them and ask about it at some point.

To be clear, I currently put all of my non bonus spending on my TR card.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Originally Posted by md80only
Definitely don't have to put all dining or travel on TR to redeem, I get that. I had $3,150 to redeem on there last year. Which meant I had to put $3,125 of either dining or travel on the card to redeem that. Which basically cost me $82 ish as I could have earned $165 if I put that $3,125 on a BOA CR card but instead only got $82 for it on TR. So the new Unlimited Cash Back card would be golden.

Not saying it isn't a great card, it is. But this new option would be better for me personally. When I travel internationally I rarely use my BOA cards.

I hope to see that product change offer. Or I may call them and ask about it at some point.

To be clear, I currently put all of my non bonus spending on my TR card.
Yes, with no international spending , no need to keep TR
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:41 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Is there any report of successful PC from the Premium Rewards card to this one? If this is possible, is there any reason not to apply for that card for its SUB (essentially $500), then PC to this card at the time of first renewal? Even after deducting the AF, one still comes out ahead with the current SUB of $200 on this card.

LAX
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
I took snail mail an upgrade offers -- spend $1000 get $200 on both Travel Rewards --> Customized Cash and Business Cash Rewards --> Business Customized Cash. I have spent $1000 on both but haven't received the $200. I haven't signed up for a new BOA card in a while, but my recollection is that bonuses post with BOA almost immediately. Are there any datapoints on how long it takes for the $200 to post on the upgrade offers?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:13 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Bringing up an old thread to see if there is any DP on PC to this card. TIA.

LAX
Old Feb 4, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by jags86
I took snail mail an upgrade offers -- spend $1000 get $200 on both Travel Rewards --> Customized Cash and Business Cash Rewards --> Business Customized Cash. I have spent $1000 on both but haven't received the $200. I haven't signed up for a new BOA card in a while, but my recollection is that bonuses post with BOA almost immediately. Are there any datapoints on how long it takes for the $200 to post on the upgrade offers?

Finished spend December 6, $200 posted Jan 20 for business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.