Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays Security Verification Problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P
Barclays Security Verification Problem

Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone has encountered this problem. I received the new Jetblue card from Barclays, but then I was asked by the Barclays' security team to provide documents for identity verification. I faxed in all the required documents, but was told that the documents were too dark to read. However, the documents looked fine to me. I changed the fax machine, made the documents lighter, but I was still told that the documents were still too dark. What can I do? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kgkg
Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone has encountered this problem. I received the new Jetblue card from Barclays, but then I was asked by the Barclays' security team to provide documents for identity verification. I faxed in all the required documents, but was told that the documents were too dark to read. However, the documents looked fine to me. I changed the fax machine, made the documents lighter, but I was still told that the documents were still too dark. What can I do? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Ask them for alternative methods to send the document in.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Ask them for alternative methods to send the document in.
They gave me the mail address to mail in. But i am afraid that if they scan the mailed documents to their internal system, they would still say “ it is too dark”
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
They gave me the mail address to mail in. But i am afraid that if they scan the mailed documents to their internal system, they would still say “ it is too dark”
I don't know how Barclay's fax machine works. But if you have sent twice by fax, the chance is you will have to send that in.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I scan a lot of personal and business documents now and securely email the business ones. I do find that color documents scanned in color tend to be much cleaner than color to B&W. Not sure what kind of docs you’re trying to fax.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I scan a lot of personal and business documents now and securely email the business ones. I do find that color documents scanned in color tend to be much cleaner than color to B&W. Not sure what kind of docs you’re trying to fax.
Is there a secure email for personal application? I am trying to fax my social security card.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:17 am

Is there a secure email for personal application? I am trying to fax my social security card.
I've read about a few free or inexpensive ones, but I have a sub to Microsoft 365 and that has an encryption capability through Outlook. I pay about $100/year and it includes MS Office apps and it includes 5 or 6 users and 1TB storage per person.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

I've read about a few free or inexpensive ones, but I have a sub to Microsoft 365 and that has an encryption capability through Outlook. I pay about $100/year and it includes MS Office apps and it includes 5 or 6 users and 1TB storage per person.
I have Office 365 as well. Do you mind telling me how to fax the documents to Barclays using Office 365?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe you misunderstand. If Barclay allows you to email/update, you would have the email address/link already.

I have Office 365 as well. Do you mind telling me how to fax the documents to Barclays using Office 365?
Again - you are not the problem, but Barclay's fax machine.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:42 pm

The encryption through Office is available in Outlook (email). There is no fax application in Office as far as I know. If you have the Social Security card in a pdf you could attach it to an email if they have an email address you can send it to you. I also use efax, which is a free fax service, but that’s probably about as secure as just emailing it without encryption.

How are you faxing the card?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

The encryption through Office is available in Outlook (email). There is no fax application in Office as far as I know. If you have the Social Security card in a pdf you could attach it to an email if they have an email address you can send it to you. I also use efax, which is a free fax service, but that’s probably about as secure as just emailing it without encryption.

How are you faxing the card?
I copied the card, and used a fax machine to fax the copy. Barclays said it was too back even though I copied and faxed the card at different darkness levels.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:09 pm

I copied the card, and used a fax machine to fax the copy. Barclays said it was too back even though I copied and faxed the card at different darkness levels.
If you are using an All in One Fax/Scanner/Printer you might want to type a cover sheet/letter and place it and the original card on the glass at the same time and fax it from there.

The only other thing you might look into is if Barclays offers a Secure Messaging option on your account when you log in. I don't have an account with them, but on my Chase account I can send them a Secure Message and add an attachment to it of up to 10 MB. You would still need a scanner here or maybe take a picture of it with a phone or tablet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.