Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New lineup of Barclays Wyndham cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by djbaker77
Similar issue here with earning rate on gas and utilities with the Business earner card. I don't recall the specifics, but it's not showing any bonus points on either gas or utilities spend. I know someone with the same card that shows the linked Wyndham Rewards Account as Blue status instead of Diamond Status. I'm hoping these are just early roll out glitches that work themselves out quickly.
I figured out the math. I've got 8x on gas, 1x on utilities, and nothing on advertisement, since Paypal, which coded as advertisement, didn't appear on the statement at all, thus no points. Opened a case with Barclays. Regarding the diamond status, I can't say anything, since I'm Diamond already.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: SW, AA, AS, UA
Originally Posted by yugi
I figured out the math. I've got 8x on gas, 1x on utilities, and nothing on advertisement, since Paypal, which coded as advertisement, didn't appear on the statement at all, thus no points. Opened a case with Barclays. Regarding the diamond status, I can't say anything, since I'm Diamond already.
Any word back on your missing points? I've gone through my first statement and can't figure out which purchases triggered the earning bonuses and which did not. I have sent an inquiry via the account login message option.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by djbaker77
Any word back on your missing points? I've gone through my first statement and can't figure out which purchases triggered the earning bonuses and which did not. I have sent an inquiry via the account login message option.
I called them, and there is no update as of now. You should earn 8x for gas/service station and 1x for everything else, and if the charge doesn't appear on a statement, you get nothing.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: SW, AA, AS, UA
I called them, and there is no update as of now. You should earn 8x for gas/service station and 1x for everything else, and if the charge doesn't appear on a statement, you get nothing.
I received the following canned response from the online inquiry.
"Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your request for your Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card account. Please call us at the number shown below. We look forward to hearing from you. We are available at Index Redirect or at 866-757-3648 from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM ET, Monday through Saturday. Thank you, Business Card Services" I think I'm mostly curious about the earning on utilities, which is supposed to be 5X. Does anyone have a DP to report where the expected number of points for category bonus spend was awarded? I had high hopes for this product, but maybe I should temper my expectations.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:41 pm

Received second statement. Again, 8x on gas, 1x for utilities, nothing for Paypal.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 9:29 am

Third statement, still no 5x on utilities, but gas gets 8x.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:54 am

I called and talked with a rep after my third statement closed with 1x on utilities. She looked up all of my charges that were coded as category of utility and "sent them up for review," whatever that means. I pushed a bit asking if this was something I would have to do regularly and she said that the bonus for utilities was a known issue and they are working on it. Not sure I believe it. A simple secure message in our inbox would cost them nothing - in fact would save them money with fewer calls to call center....
Old Feb 16, 2021, 6:44 am

Fourth statement. It seems that they fixed utilities, but Paypal still not on the statement and got no points. Had a long call with CSR trying to explain how many points I'm missing and why it's not fixed yet. It seems to me that they don't understand why Paypal doesn't appear on the statement. I don't see any adjustments yet.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Secure Messaging and Email

Originally Posted by JohnFromAtlanta
A simple secure message in our inbox would cost them nothing - in fact would save them money with fewer calls to call center....
I used the secure message at https://www.wyndhambusinesscard.com/ but it doesn't seem to be any better than calling - they also "submitted [my] account for review in regards to not receiving 5x ...." On the left menu, I selected "Services," then, on the right, selected "Send Message". I used "Rewards Question" as the subject for my message inquiring about not earning 5x on utilities.

However, the full response to my message was not encouraging: "We have submitted your account for review in regards to not receiving 5x rewards for qualifying purchases. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to service your financial needs. Should you have any questions, we're available at [email protected] or at (866) 757-3648 from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM ET, MONDAY - SATURDAY."

But, maybe the email address they provided is better than secure messaging?

Last edited by FindAWay; Feb 17, 2021 at 8:54 am
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
For those getting 8x on gas, is that only at the pump, or can you buy gift cards at the register and get 8x?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
For those getting 8x on gas, is that only at the pump, or can you buy gift cards at the register and get 8x?
Not only at the pump. "Service Stations" MCC code also gives 8x.
ajf87 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:54 am

Fifth statement. Received an adjustment for my previous utility payments, but nothing for Paypal yet.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ajf87
I applied back on 10/2, they said I would get a decision in writing in 7-10 days. I received a letter from Barclays asking for more information and copies of my driver's license and Social Security card by 11/2. I just got a replacement card and was going to call them Monday to see about faxing my documentation over when I got an email yesterday congratulating me on my new Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card....

I'll take it. Excited for my forever Caesars Diamond card and free money. Curious how they decide what constitutes utilities. I'll have no problem cashing out each year for a profit with Caesars and I might make this my cell phone card if the Amex Platinum discontinues their credits, especially if my wireless counts as a utility.

For reference I'm in the 740s w/ FICO and am LOL/24. This is my first business card and first Barclays card since an ill-fated run with their Barnes and Noble card more than 10 years ago when I was dumb and poor. It's also going to be a business card and not a "business" card.
Hi, so you still got approved before you sent in the requested drivers license and social security? Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 141park
Hi, so you still got approved before you sent in the requested drivers license and social security? Thanks!
Correct. I didn't ask so I have no idea what happened on Barclays' end.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Fifth statement. Received an adjustment for my previous utility payments, but nothing for Paypal yet.
Hi, any luck with Paypal coding and earning 5X? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.